Part 26

A/N: This part was created to be a filler. Sorry to say the story will be coming to an end soon.. If I work it correctly I'm sure you'll like it .. Hopefully :D     Thanks for sticking with me... Ke

Amelia

We walked into the diner large tables were set up everywhere, Lacey's mother stood and greeted us as we entered. She pulled me into a hug like she usually did, The woman seemed a lot more vibrant than the first time we met about four years ago, long before I formally met the woman of my dreams, Lacey, I sighed mentally as I watched her mother engulf her is a hug. How did I get so lucky she is everything I thought she would be.

Her mother's hair was a little grayer than before but her light blue eye sparkled when she saw her girls. She pulled Lauren in next and I stood back admiring the three woman and the love they shared for one another.

Lauren resembled her mother more, her blonde was hair a shade darker she and her mother shared the same height as Lacey towered over them. Their smiles were identical same full lips and perfect teeth. Although Lacey's hair was jet black you could still see some similarities. Lacey and I have never really discussed her father but from what Lauren had told me he was from northern Italy. Lacey had his dark blue eyes as well, Lauren explained that Lacey never really wanted to know about him, even when her mother offered to tell her.

Tonight the diner was set up differently They even had a stage with a live band and a little dance floor, a section of the counter was cleared and converted into a makeshift bar. I couldn't believe they got this set up in just one day. "I thought this was just a dinner?" Lacey leaned in and asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know though it looks like some of the guests from the BBQ are here." I nodded to the guy Lacey pummeled last night. She signed and placed a protective arm around me and led me to her mother's table placing me between herself and Morgan. Jackie and her daughter sat at the other end of the table with her friends.

"Ame," Jay Jay called out before running over to me, I smiled and gave Jackie a nod which she returned. Picking up the young girl I placed her my lap as she giggled with excitement.

"Ley sweetie, Hand me that bag would you." Lacey passed over the plastic bag and smiled at Jay, "Here honey we got you something." She looked at me then to Lacey giving her a huge grin. I pulled out the pink bear for her and her eyes grew big as she took the gift.

"This is for me?" she questioned as she hugged the teddy.

"It sure is Ame picked it out for you," Lacey answered using the nickname I received from Jay.

The little girl gripped me in a hug me, "Thank you I love it." She squealed as she tried to unwrap the box of chocolates.

"Make sure your ask your mommy if you can have those before you've eaten dinner," Lacey whispered to the child's ear causing her to nod and jump off of my lap hurrying over to her mother. I smiled and leaned against Lacey as we watch Jay Jay speak animatedly with her mom. Jackie looked to the two of us and mouthed a thank you.

she stood with her friends and handed her daughter over to her dad before the four of them disappeared into the kitchen.

The crowd seemed to be growing, I leaned over and spoke to Lacey's mother who was seated across from us. "Is it like this every time?" I motioned to the people around us.

"No dear, Jackie started the tradition last year, a lot of people can't make it home for the holidays and it's Sort of a way to give back to the community, they'll even be serving food at the shelters tomorrow. " She answered.

"That's nice of her," I smiled "Maybe we can help at the shelter tomorrow?" I asked Lacey as her mom stood and walked to the dance floor with Ben.

"That sounds great." she smiled, Morgan's phone rang and she excused herself allowing me to scoot closer to Lauren, "I'm going to check on Morgan then get us some drinks, What would you two like?"

"Just a glass of wine." Babe, I answered.

"Rum and coke for me." Lauren chimed in, Lacey stood and left us to our conversation. "So are you two really going to the shelter tomorrow?" Lauren asked

"Yeah I think it's a lovely idea, not everyone has a home to go to during the holidays."

"Yeah, I guess what she's doing is pretty cool, I'll see if Morgan wants to tag along." She smiled. "But this doesn't mean I forgive her." I rolled my eyes and hugged my best friend, I was glad she was starting to let go of her anger toward Jackie. Sure the girl has done some messed up things but as long as she doesn't hurt Lacey again things would be fine.

"Hey, Sexy is this seat taken?" a deep voice asked as the chair slid out beside me, I turned to see Louis taking a seat before I could answer. He placed his arm across the back of the chair as I leaned towards Lauren.

"Hey, jackass didn't you already have this conversation with my sister last night?" Lauren growled.

"Ah come on, all I remembered was this hot piece of ass." he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Louis, Get your hand off of her, "Jackie yelled as she headed towards our table.

"Ah come on Jack, I know you have your eye on Lacey let me have some fun." He smirked turning his attention back to me placing his arm firmly across my shoulder when I tried to stand.

"Duke," Jackie shouted just as Louis was ripped from the seat, Lauren stood eye to eye with him her hands still gripping his shirt. A huge muscular guy in an apron approached the two placing his hand on Louis's chest to back him away from her.

"It there a problem here Son." He asked

"No, No problem." Louis answered the larger man, "I was just leaving anyway." he mumbled He rammed his shoulder into Lacey's, "Watch your back bitch." he spat before heading to the exit.

"Lia, are you ok?" Lacey quickly pulled me into her as I stood.

"I should be asking you that, he hit you pretty hard." I replied worriedly as I rubbed her shoulder.

She shrugged, "it was just a friendly tap." I rolled my eyes at her and hit her shoulder causing her to smirk. "see even you hit harder than him." she laughed rubbing where I hit her.

"I'm sorry you guys, I didn't know he'd show up after last night," Jackie apologized.

"Damn Lace, You must have hit him so hard he has amnesia." Sarah joked causing the group to laugh.

"I just saw that douche from the other night leaving, What I miss?" Morgan asked looking confused as she returned.

"Not a thing," Lacey answered pressing her lips against mine. "How about we go and get that drink." she hummed into the kiss, I nodded as she escorted me to the bar refusing to leave my side.

The music lowered bit as Jackie took the stage, "Hey all I'm Jackie or Coach J as most of you know me, I just wanted to thank all of you who have come out tonight for our yearly community gathering. Looks like we'll need to start finding a larger place soon," she chuckled. The place sure was packed I looked at the mixture of people young and old enjoying them self. "The restaurant crew has laid out another wonderful meal for everyone once again this year. Please help yourself and enjoy the rest of the evening."

"God she makes it so hard to hate her." Lauren complained. Causing the rest of us to laugh. The evening turned out great we even managed to all sit at the same table together without any further animosity.

we made plans to meet the group to help them serve the thanksgiving meal tomorrow at the shelter before we had to head to the house for the family gathering tomorrow night.