Part 4

Amelia

I awoke the next morning and panicked feeling an arm around me as I curled up next to someone. I looked up, catching a glimpse of my best friend's sister. I calmed down remembering how she had comforted me last night.

I leaned up on my elbow next to her, slowly, making sure not to wake her, taking in her roughened yet beautiful features, her long dark lashes, even the faint scar I had not noticed before just at the edge of her hairline couldn't take anything away from her beauty. My eyes fell on her lips, which were slightly parted as she slept.

I found myself wondering how her lips would feel against mine. I unconsciously took my thumb and traced the outline of it lightly, involuntarily biting down on my own lip as my heart rate increased. I watched her tongue brush down, moistening her lower lip.

Desire overcame me making me lose all my senses. I leaned in and pressed my lips gently against her soft full lips. My eyes closed as I fought back the uncontrollable urge to moan at the sensation. My breathing became heavier. 'What am I doing?' I thought as I pulled back, feeling my face heat up with embarrassment from taking advantage of her while she slept.

I sighed as I opened my eyes. I was suddenly staring into the deep blue depths of hers. "I -I'm sor..." I quickly try to apologize but was cut off as she leaned up and captured my lips in a hungry kiss. Her strong arms tightened around me pulling me further into her as my fingers found their way behind her head. I twisted them into her hair, a small moan escaping. The heat in my body intensified. Her tongue entered my mouth. I pressed my body into her even further as she deepened the kiss.

Never in my life had anything felt so perfect, but with that, I broke from the kiss. My forehead rested against hers as we struggled to breathe. How could this woman laying beneath me have so much pull on my emotions even before we met? Even though I had only seen her in a photograph, there had always been something about her that drew me in the first time I saw her.

"I'm sorry I woke you," I said, as I opened my eyes again. She was staring back at me, causing me to blush. Then the alarm next to her bed sounded, drawing our attention to the time. It was five in the morning. I had an hour to get ready for work. "It's five, shoot, I need to get ready." When she ran her hands down to my lower back, I realized then she hadn't said anything the whole time.

I cupped her cheeks in my hands before asking "Lacey, you alright?"

"Y-yes," she gulped, "It's just. Wow." I could tell her smile, this time, was genuine in the way it reached her eyes. She placed a chaste kiss on my lips once more. "Go, I'll make some breakfast." She unwrapped her arms from around me. I got up and walked to the door and turned to see her sitting at the edge of her bed, her fingers gently stroking across her lips while her face held an unreadable emotion. 'Did she regret it now?' I wondered. Confused at the scene, I left and headed upstairs to my room to get ready.

By the time I was showered and dressed Lauren was in the dining room eating the breakfast Lacey had made, "Did you sleep well?" she grinned. I nodded yes as I sat down at my plate and shoved a large fork full of omelet into my mouth to prevent me from talking. of course, this did not stop her from questioning me further. "So?"

"So what?" I answered while taking another bite of the delicious food. "where did she learn to cook like this?" I mumbled with a full mouth trying to change the subject.

"Uh-uh, no way, not happening. Spill it!" she whispered loudly.

"Nothing happened." I swallowed and tried to lie knowing I was blushing by the heat felt on my cheeks.

"Ah ha!" she squealed. "I knew it. You were never good at lying, Amelia."

Feeling my face heat up, even more, I blurted "ImayormaynothaveInstigatedamakeoutsessionwithyoursister" and quickly took another bite of food. She looked at me confused for a moment before her eyes widened indicating she understood what I had just said. She squealed even louder than before just as Lacey entered the room.

"Good morning Lace." It was the last thing I heard Lauren say as my eyes raked across the body of the woman who stood before us. I was instantly lost in a trance as I took in her attire. Her sweatpants hung extremely low on her hips, exposing her abdomen through the unzipped jacket she wore showing she was only wearing a sports bra beneath it. I bit my lip wishing I could run my hands over her tanned six pack. I was brought out of my thought as I heard Lauren calling my name as she snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Does that sound good to you?" she asked with a grin on her face.

"Uh, um w-what?" I shuddered, embarrassed that I had missed the entire conversation.

"Lunch. Lacey is going to meet us for lunch today." I watched as Lauren sucked in her lips and tried to fight the mischievous smile which was clearly visible in her eyes.

"Um, sure." I tried to play it cool, failing miserably." That be wonderful." I finished as I looked to Lacey. She was fidgeting nervously which was new to me and it caused me to wonder again if she regretted this morning.

The ride to work was quiet as I replayed the image of a nervous Lacey in my mind. Did she really regret what had happened? I frowned at the thought. She couldn't have, I felt the desire in her kiss. 'I wonder what happened,' I thought as I released a sigh.

"What's going on in that head," Lauren probed, breaking the silence. She looked over at me before turning back to concentrate on the traffic. "Look, Amelia, I've never seen my sister take to someone as quickly as you." I looked at her as she continued." Even with Jackie, it took her a while to loosen up."

"Jackie?" I questioned. I knew it was the name of Lacey's high school girlfriend, but Lauren had never really told me what happened.

"I don't know the full story," she explained. "But I'll tell you what I know. The girls were found in Jackie's wrecked car, in a ravine after their last senior party a few weeks before graduation." We pulled into a parking spot at the Tribune and she shut the car off and turned to me before continuing. "I was told they were pretty banged up. This was about the same time you went home to visit your family."

She took a deep breath as I sat there waiting for her to speak. "I went home to see Lacey when I found out she was in the hospital, " Her eyes started tearing as she spoke, "She was almost unrecognizable, Amelia." There was so much pain in her voice it brought me to tears as well. "I saw the car. There was no way her injuries were from that accident." The tears started streaming from her face and voice was now laced with anger. I reached over and pulled Lauren into an embrace.

I couldn't believe she had never mentioned this to me before. I don't know how she could have held this in. "You don't have to continue Laur, it's ok."

"No, you need to know at least what I do. Hopefully, Lacey will tell you the truth behind it all and let go of the guilt she is holding in," she said as she straightened up and blew out a breath. Continuing "I pushed Lacey as hard as I could wanting to find out more. The most I got was that Jackie was drugged and raped at the party." She continued telling me as much as she could recall and by the time we walked into work we were a half hour late.

From the details I'd gotten from Lauren, Lacey was the only one who survived the fallout of the events of that night. Jackie apparently took her own life a few months after the incident leaving Lacey with only a letter that no one knew the contents of. There was no funeral or anything else mentioned regarding Jackie, no explanation of why Lacey was injured so badly when the accident wasn't that bad. So when Lacey left for the Military after recovering from her injuries , Lauren let it go, hoping when Lacey came home she would tell her.

All of this information was overwhelming. My heart broke for Lacey when Lauren relived the information. It also saddened me to think that maybe the only reason Lacey was the way she was with me is because we'd been through a similar situation. Whatever happened from here I was determined to be there for her.

A/N: @BooksAndMusic- Hope you enjoyed this.

Feel free to comment or make any suggestions.