Part 21

Lacey

"Hey," Amelia said as she wrapped her hands around me back from behind. "You going to be ok going to your mothers tonight?"

"I shrugged, "Why shouldn't I be?" I turned and kissed her forehead. "I know there has been a lot going on since we've been here, but it should be fine." I smiled. "What else could possibly go wrong." I laughed as did Amelia.

We made our way to the SUV to meet the girls. I was dressed in my favorite pair of faded ripped jeans and a dark blue button down resembling the outfit I wore when I first met the beautiful redhead, she deciding to dress conferrable wore jeans as well and a black long sleeved semi-sheer crepe blouse which looked stunning against her pale skin her medium-length red hair flowed freely down her back.

Lauren jumped into the driver's seat with Morgan taking the passengers, I made my way to the back with Amelia. On the way over I thought about the ring I bought for her, which I've been carrying abound with me since I brought it. I know Amelia loves me but is it too soon to take the next step, It's not like we need to run out and get married right away, we can be engaged for as long as she like. I just wanted her to know and to show her how much she means to me. I was making myself nervous just thinking about it.

"Where here," Lauren called breaking me from thought.

"What are we doing here," I asked noticing we were parked in front of a house I've spent a lot of time in during High school.

"There having a BBQ out back by the pool," Lauren explained.

"But why here?" I asked confused.

"I don't know just get out, mom said she'd explain when we got here."

I slid out of the door and reached for Amelia's hand to help her out. "Who's house is this?" she asked as we followed Morgan and Lauren.

"Jackie's" I answered as I stood there, memories of my last day there playing fresh in my mind.

"Are you ok sweetie?" Amelia asked. I nodded and squeezed her hand as we followed the girls inside.

The house was empty as we made our way through to the back yard. "Hey, girls." My mom called "Come on the food is almost ready. I looked around taking notice of a few people I recognized.

"Lace," Sarah Jackie's best friend called come over here she called waving me over.

"Go on baby, go see your friends, I'll be over there with your sister." Amelia said pushing me to go. I looked over to my old high school friends who were sitting next to Jackie at the pool, and then back to Amelia. "Go." She says again placing a kiss on my cheek before walking towards my sister.

I walked hesitantly to the group, The weather was warm for this time of year and the pool was heated so like always Jackie's dad must have been waiting till it started to snow before emptying it for the winter season. I looked at the girls who sat in a circle just like the old days, we were inseparable in high school, but they were Jackie's friends and only mine by association once we started dating. Looking back I never really had my own friends in school so I wondered why they wanted me to hang out with them now, especially since Jackie mentioned she was going to break up with me before everything happened. I'm sure they all knew.

"Hey, Lace," Sarah said as I got closer "You remember the old gang Amy, Robin, and Sam." I looked over to the girls who were all smiles.

"Hey," I said not really knowing what to say to them.

"Here," Sarah said shoving a beer in my hand before pushing me to sit next to Jackie.

"So how have you been Lace?" Amy asked as she leaned against Sam they were high school sweethearts and it looks like nothing had changed between them.