Chapter 1

"Ms Kemp, your two o'clock appointment is ready for you" The smooth american voice of Jennifer, a professional receptionist, came through the intercom and disturbed Ms Maria Kemp. Pressing her finger onto the red button, she murmured a small thank you to her receptionist and instructed her to sent the next couple in.

"Come in" She called after hearing a firm three-knock on the door. The light mahogany door swung open, revealing a perfectly matched couple. "Please, come in and take a seat" she had to glance at the bulging notebook to see who this couple was; hundreds of couples come and go each and every day, it was only natural for her to forget. "Mr and Mrs Bieber?"

The male nodded, holding his hand out. "That's us. Thank you for agreeing to see us."

She beamed, "It's my pleasure. Please take a seat." she motioned to the two plush red chairs in front of her desk before taking a seat in the high-back, black leather chair. "Now, what can I do for you both?"

"Well, uh.." The dark-haired female started, glancing up to her husband with helpless eyes. He smiled lightly and squeezed her hand in a reassuring way. "I'm infertile and can't have children.." the pain bubbled in her husband's chest, he swallowed down the rising lump and put on a brave front. "This is basically our last option.."

"Have you both looked at adoption?"

"Yeah, the waiting list was two years" Justin explained.

She nodded and stood up, walking across her spacious office and running her finger along the files, pausing on the Bieber's. She flicked it opened while walking back to her desk.

"Do you have any specific kind of woman that you would like to carry your unborn child?"

"No"

"Yes"

Mr and Mrs Bieber both answered in sync. They looked at each other, almost as if they were sending mental conversations to each other.

"No we don't" Mr Bieber answered firmly. "As long as that person is healthy and over the age of 18."

Mrs Bieber was obviously wanting to disagree and speak up but decided to leave it.

"Well, seeing as you are both a young couple yourself, I highly doubt you would want an older woman to be your surrogate." Ms Kemp said. Suddenly something clicked. "Actually, I think I have the perfect woman to carry your offspring. Can you excuse me for two short moments." The couple nodded in confusion, watching as the woman in exited the room.

"Lux, I need you to come to the office immediately."

* * *

Calling her brunch meeting to a stop, she packed up her things and headed towards the sky high building. Smiling sweetly at the receptionist and taking the elevator to the fifteenth floor, she walked down the hallway and tapped lightly on the familiar door.

'Ms A Kemp.
RM 639'

"Come in!" The familiar voice called from inside the room. Pushing the door open, she entered to have six eyes fall on her petite, 5'5 frame. Sucking her lips together, she walked further into the room while clutching shyly onto the strap of her chanel tote. "Ah, Lux. Meet Mr and Mrs Bieber."

"It's nice to meet you both" Lux smiled friendly, holding out her hand to the couple.

"Call me Justin, and this is my fiance, Hayley."

"Oh I do apologise, Mr Bieber." Ms Kemp spoke up, "I thought you both were already married."

Justin smiled lightly and shook his head, "Not exactly, Hayley just gets called Mrs Bieber because we've been together so long but we're not officially married; We keep pushing the date further away just because of.. situations."

Ms Kemp held her hand up and smiled, "That's personal business and nothing for me to get involved in. Now, you may be wondering why I called you here, Lux." she turned her head to the shy brown haired girl who stared mindlessly around the room. "Well, actually I would like to introduce you all properly."

Lux grew confused just as Justin and Hayley. They all watched as Ms Kemp took her seat, propping her slick red glasses back on the bridge of her nose and leaning forward on her desk.

"Mr Bieber, Ms Bieber; I'd like to introduce you to the mother of your unborn child, Lux Halloway."

"Excuse me!" Lux spluttered, her eyes resembling a baby Bush's. She couldn't believe what her ears where intaking, she felt like someone had sucker punched her in the stomach multiple times.

Ms Kemp grinned, "Now, before I completely sign Lux over to become your surrogate, there is a few things we need to run past you both. Is that okay?"

Both Justin and Hayley nodded.

"Lux here is twenty-one years of age. She's a fit, healthy and very active young woman and she has already been tested before. She's never been a surrogate but her womb and uterus is in immaculate condition. The chances of Mr Bieber's sperm attaching to Lux are extremely, extremely high. Even though we can never rule out the chances of miscarriage, we can say that in Lux's case, there is only a slim chance of that happening."

Lux still stood frozen, her stomach twisting and turning like she was on a rollercoaster, her eyes flickered over to the couple who seemed very interested in what ms Kemp was saying. The hope and delight was lighting up on the couples features.

"Lux here has, what we like to call, sneezing fertility." Ms Kemp chuckled when she saw the confusion sweep over the couples faces. "This means that she has a 95 percent chance of getting pregnant any time." she paused and shuffled around a few pieces of paper. "Now this is the hard part. Ms Bieber, you're infertile, correct?"

She didn't talk, just a simple, light nod was enough. Her fiance tightened his hand around hers, leaning over and kissing her temple softly.

"Well, normally with surrogacy there is two options. Option one is gestational surrogacy where she is genetically unrelated to the child or option two is traditional surrogacy where she is the child's genetic mother. Because you are infertile, the only option you both can agree to is traditional surrogacy."

"Why's that?" Hayley asked.

"Because we can't take any of your eggs and plant them into Lux's uterus." Ms Kemp said softly, "Mr Bieber will be the genetic father of the child but Lux will be the genetic mother."

Justin looked across to his fiancee, watching as she nodded and slumped back in her seat.

"I know that this is hard but I will give you a few leaflets about traditional surrogacy, you can go away and think about it. Take as long as you need then contact me again, we'll always be here to help."

"I don't want any leaflets" Hayley spoke up as Justin rose from his seat. He looked at her confused. "I know that it won't be mine but it will be Justin's and that's all I can really ask for. There's no point on discussing it any more than needed. We're going for traditional surrogacy, asap."