Chapter 13

No point of view. .

The hurt and heartbreak ran through her ice cold veins as the images continuously flashed through her pulsing mind. Her eyes were bloodshot and sore, surrounding in red and puffiness, they stung but she didn't complainr;–she didn't even talk. But it wasn't the pain of heartbreak that was hurting her the most;– that was only a small portion of the emotions she was feeling at that moment however the main burning one that crawled through her stomach and chest was the sheer embarrassment he caused.

She felt like a fool;– a complete and utter fool. How could she not have seen this coming? Maybe it was the fact she was so caught up with the surrogacy or the fact she was rarely around to give him the attention he wanted or needed. She couldn't help but taunt herself with the 'what-ifs' that she suspected lead up to this shocking betrayal.

She continued to keep this humiliating secret to herself, not telling Justin or Hayley. Even when she ripped her legs from Justin's lap, rushing down the hallway whilst trying to hold the tears at bay and locking herself in the insanely large bathroom. As Justin's fist pounded on the door, she kept her sobs as quiet as humanly possible and told him she felt sick and going for a shower. Buying her incredulous lie, he left the hotel room and reminded her he was only next door.

Now, sitting on the luxurious private jet with her tired gaze fixated on the cotton candy like clouds, she wished that when she got back to her hometown of bright Manhattan, her deceiving ex-boyfriend would have the decency to leave their shared apartment and never look back.

Justin Bieber watched intently at the pregnant woman, who spaced herself on the opposite side of the plane. With his soon-to-be wife sat next to him, flicking through a gossip magazine and blaring music into her ears, he took this moment to stand from the cream interior and walk towards his unborn offspring's mother.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, taking a seat on the luscious recliner chair facing her. Not flickering her eyes away from the window, he frowned and leaned forward slightly, resting a hand atop of her bent knee. "Lux.."

Finally, she tore her eyes away and slowly look towards the concerned pop star. She didn't answer him, her mouth remained closed but Justin was satisfied she looked at him. He noticed her red eyes, her emotionless expression and felt a ripple snap through his heart.

"What's wrong? Are you hurting?" He asked, she shook her head but never replied. "then what's wrong? Do you not like flying?" he couldn't think of any more possibilities but when he got the same shake of the head, he grew even more confused. "then what?"

"It's nothing," She croaked, "I'll be fine." forcing a painful and fake smile onto her lips, she returned her attention back out the window.

"What happened?" He pressed, "did someone say something?"

She shook her head again, "I told you, it's nothing." she suddenly hissed and raised her hand to the top of her growing bump. Justin immediately shot up, the fatherly instincts kicking in dramatically and he dropped to his knees in front of her and held her bump protectively in his hands.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"I think I'm starting to get heartburn, nothing serious." She mumbled, "either than or baby doesn't like me." she rubbed the top of her stomach, feeling Justin's thumbs lightly stroke each side. "you don't need to jump at every small thing, Justin."

He raised his shoulders innocently, "I can't help it. I've never went through this before, I don't know when it's serious or not."

She smiled weakly, "It's okay, but just give you some ease, I'll tell you if I feel anything abnormal, alright?" Justin nodded and pulled himself from his knees, settling in the seat next to her. "shouldn't you be with Hayley?"