Chapter 26

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

"Has he slept much?" Pattie motherly voice asked, her eyes landing on her passed-out son who was sprawled across the couch; still dressed in his wedding suit from the day before. Her blue orbs glanced at the stream of empty beer bottles and beer cans, her lip quivering slightly at the desperate sight. Ushering her through to the kitchen, out of eye-sight and earshot of Justin, I flicked my finger against the kettle switch and listened to the water inside start to bubble.

"Not really." I truthfully replied, "I was ordered to bed at midnight, against my will, of course. But he coaxed me into thinking he would follow up and get some rest himself, which obviously didn't happen." nodding my head towards the living room again.

Pattie's eyes filled with tears, her lips sealed into a firm line as she gulped back the lump tickling her throat. "I knew I should've stayed with him, made sure he didn't drink himself into a coma, but no, I had to go to bed." she shook her head, her nose wrinkling in disgrace at her actions. "My son just lost left his fiancee after finding out she was a lying, cheating, fame-seeker, what kind of mother am I?"

"Hey, don't speak like that." I muttered, "Pattie, nobody was any help to Justin yesterday. You couldn't stop him drinking, you couldn't make him go to bed. I don't mean to sound rude but he's twenty-two and perfectly capable of making them decisions himself. He didn't do anything too rash, he just wanted to forget about the whole situation and that's why he raided the mini bar."

She dropped her head, her brown mane curtaining around her slender face as she played timidly with the solid gold ring on her finger. With a small sigh, her head rose and her eyes had cleared from the threatening tears.

"I guess you're right." She murmured lowly. "I never liked Hayley to begin with but I utterly despise her now for the hurt she has caused my son. How could someone be so selfishly cruel?"

"My thoughts exactly, Pattie." I replied, tugging at my inner cheek with my teeth. "but again, Justin is a big boy, he'll make the right decision in what he wants to do. As of right now, I think it's safe to say that he'll never utter a glance in Hayley's direction, never mind go back into a relationship with her."

"He better not." She said sternly, "he may be twenty-two, but he's never too old to be getting some sense knocked into him!"

I laughed for the first time in possibly twenty-eight hours at Pattie's joking humour. It seemed like the laughter was sucked from within me, disappear into thin air after finding out Hayley's shocking secrets that she sneakily hid from everyone – apart from her sister of course. Especially seeing Justin so heartbroken, my funny bones broke inside my pregnant body.

"Anyway, I should get going and find out what time the flight back to New York is at." She said, a small sigh parting from her glossed lips. "if you could wake Justin up soon, tell him to get showered and packed, we'll come back in around an hour or so."

I nodded, waddling behind my child's grandmother and leaving her at the beach-house door. After the situation last night, Scooter thought it would be best for he and the Bieber crew, plus dad, Natasha, Bobbie, Erin, Jazmyn and Jaxon, Diane and Bruce to rent the other available beach house for not only their safety but to give Justin space. While I plainly refused to leave him alone, Pattie and Jeremy also stayed to overlook the sanity of their son.

"Just be careful when you wake him, he might still be intoxicated." Pattie said, "or he might think you're Hayley." she stopped in front of the pearl white door. The partly see through blind covered the windows, blocking view of all paparazzi waiting outside – they had been there from five-thirty-am. "if you need help, be sure to call myself, Jeremy or Scooter."