Chapter 22

No point of view. .

"Yo, can I repeat that line, please?" The messy haired pop star asked through the recording mic. His producer nodded, giving him the three finger countdown before replaying the music into his headphones. "but I'm catching feelings, catching feelings."

"Much better man." Scooter noted, pressing his finger and talking through to the secluded booth his much loved client. Justin removed his headphones, hanging them over the music stand and heading out into the hallway. As he walked the short distance to the studio, which was only a few steps away, he managed to slow down and sneakily look at his phone.

From: Lux Halloway - baby mama (at: 11:12am)
At the airport now, I'll ask dad about the bachelor party- what time? x

To: Lux Halloway - baby mama (at: 11:34am)
5pm. Dinner and pre-drinks before the boys whisk me away to whatever they have planned lol xx

"Dude, get your ass in here!" Scooter said as he peeked his head out of the door. Justin pushed his phone back into his knee-length shorts and followed his manager. "so, we were thinking about releasing the album sometime in March, possibly earlier if you keep coming up with songs as fast as what you're doing."

"But the baby is due in March." I responded, "I can't go on a album promo tour while Lux is having my baby and I can't exactly take a newborn around the world with my schedule either." he took a seat on the sofa, grabbing a handful of M&Ms from the bowl and popping a few into his mouth.

"Then you'll need to get the album finished sooner."

"How soon?"

"Take two weeks away from the honeymoon, the wedding plus baby scans, appointments, etc..I'd say the amount of time you have left is–" Scooter started, mentally fixing a calendar in his head and calculating the dates. "–maybe three weeks."

Justin almost spluttered the chocolate mush over the studio floor as his eyes widened and he coughed violently. He drank two large gulps of the provided bottle of water, "Are you kidding me bro? Three weeks?"

He nodded and shrugged innocently, "Well think about it man, you're getting married in two and a half weeks, then you have two – possibly even three – weeks for a honeymoon. You have at least eight more appointments between now and the baby being born to attend too, the studio is shutting for Christmas break in seven weeks so that is really limiting your recording and writing sessions."

Justin fumbled a hand through his hair and sighed, "When you put it like that.."

"I'm not going to over work you anymore, not when you're about you become a father. I don't want you off the rails when your daughter is born." Scooter explained thoughtfully. "unless we postpone the album release until after baby bieber is born."

"But the fans are waiting.."

"Listen, what would you do, rush to get this album out which can wait or go off the rails before your daughter is born?" Scooter reasoned, Justin sighed and slumped his shoulders. "exactly. We'll organise a press conference or something, don't worry about anything."

Meanwhile, in Newark airport, Lux stood waiting the arrival of her adoring family. She had managed to squeeze herself between the group of other awaiting people, hiding herself from the few paparazzi who were scattered around the airport.

"Luxy!" A shriek of a young boy rang through her ears. She stood on her tippy toes for less than a few seconds before her ankle began hurting, she craned her neck in search for the young boy. "Luxy! Luxy!"

That's when she caught sight of the blonde haired cutie, rushing towards her with a red Adidas tracksuit covering his small frame. She wished she could bend down to capture him in a hug, but with a rounded bump that was restraining her from almost everything, it was an impossible task. Instead, little Bobbie slowed down and wrapped his arms around his sister's expanding waist and lay his head against the front of her bump.