Last Chapter

No point of view. .

The hospital smelt of strong disinfectant, not bothering those around apart from the heavily pregnant woman leaning on the bed dressed in nothing but an itchy, thigh-length gown. The perfectly made, uncreased bed was now messed with the white sheets crumpled between her tightly closed fists as she groaned in pain. She had been here for no more than an hour and already she was wishing someone would just remove the human from inside her.

On the other side of the room, watching the uncomfortable female arch in discomfort, stood a worried and anxious father-to-be. Each time he would try and comfort her, he would be pushed away and rudely told to 'fuck off'. He was torn, his mind split in two – should he go against her wishes and soothe her, or should he do as he was told and stay away? His golden brown irises stared helplessly, his mind and body at a complete loss.

A soft knock on the private, hospital door causing the attention of the two soon-to-be parents to lift. Smiling, a light haired female poked her head inside the air conditioned room with a red binder in hand. She stepped in, her white tennis shoes squeaking against the clean floor. Her uniform, consisting of matching blue scrubs with a pocket watch peeking from the chest pocket, drowned her hour-glass figure as she made her way to the foot of Lux's bed.

"I'm sorry for bothering you but we have a few family and friends in the waiting area that would like to see you." She informed, hugging the binder to her chest like a teenager starting high-school. "would you like me to send them down or ask them to wait a while longer."

"Who are they–Ow!" Lux shrieked, the sharp feeling slicing into her abdomen again. Her added light pressure to the spot she repeatedly felt pain, wedging her bottom lip between her sparkling pearls and saving herself from crying aloud.

"As of now we have Pattie Malette, Natasha and Robert Halloway, Jeremy Bieber and Ruby Williams." The young nurse read from the scribbled ink of a ripped piece of paper, caught under the paperclip that overlapped the blinder. "we have checked ID cards and they are all legitimate."

"What do you think?" Justin asked, "you want them in?" his attention drawing away from the undeniably gorgeous nurse and to the bare face, sweaty woman who felt even more insecure. Rolling her eyes, she lent on her elbows and dropped her head forwards.

"I've got bigger fucking things to worry about than who comes into the room!" She spat, letting out a groan of discomfort.

Licking his lips, he glanced at the nurse. "Um, yeah could you send them down?" he asked in a quiet murmur. "and thanks for coming to tell us." she smiled, flashing her perfectly straight and gleaming white pearls that needed to be whitened every day. She bowed her head and left the room, leaving Lux too growl at her exit.

"Why don't you go after her? I'm sure the janitor won't mind you and Ms. flawlessly perfect going at it like rabbits in his closet." The angry fume escaped the emotionally woman's lips. Standing upright and whimpering at the small pressure, she awkwardly pulled herself onto the hospital bed and leaned back on the luscious pillow Justin had so kindly packed at last minute.

"What are you talking about?" Justin questioned, hesitantly stepping forward and approaching the hard looking hospital bed.

"Oh please." Lux scoffed, dragging the leopard print blanket over her legs. Again, Justin had generously packed the blanket at last minute when rushing into Lux's room to grab the prepared hospital bags. He received no thanks, only nasty snaps from the hormonal woman. "I saw you undressing her with your eyes, I know you were practically having mental sex with her. Just go do it, you're no use anyway."

He was hurt, wounded and incredibly upset but he remained stone faced. Gulping, he opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by the door flying open and a bundle of people piling into the surprisingly spacious hospital room. Lux had refused to have Justin block of the entire floor like he wanted, instead she settled for having the biggest delivery suit New York Maternity had.