Chapter 4

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

"Babe, c'mon, wake up darling." The soothing voice of my three year boyfriend sounded in my ear. Whimpering and groaning, I pulled myself out of the deep slumber. Squinting my eyes at the blinding sunlight, my blurry vision focused on Jake's handsome, and very much shirtless, figure.

"What time is it?" I questioned, my voice groggily and croaky. Rolling onto my back and stretching out my stiff legs, wiping my eyes with the pads of my index fingers. Jake looked down at the small, digital clock on the mahogany bedside table, purchased from ikea.

"A little after nine-thirty. He replied with a light tip smile. Jake has always been an early bird. Even from the early days of dating, I was very much aware. "I'm heading to work soon but I made us both breakfast, do you want it in bed or do you wanna' come sit down for it?"

I yawned tiredly, "I'll get up." reluctantly I slipped from the heavenly bed and slipped my bare feet inside the comfortable princess pink slippers. Grabbing my silk robe and throwing it on over my pyjamas, threading my fingers through my messy bed hair and throwing it up in a scrunched bun while I followed the delicious aroma, sparking from the kitchen. "something smells good,"

"Eggs and bacon, a side order of toast with a dollop of raspberry jam." He grinned, pushing the plate across the granite worktop. The smell filled my nostrils and my stomach grumbled in hunger. A frown danced its way onto my lips as I quickly remember a few things. "What's wrong? It's your favourite.."

I nodded, "I know it is but I can't eat eggs anymore, not if I'm pregnant"

"Why?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Because of salmonella. I can eat them if the white and the yolk is solid but, I don't like eating them like that." I mumbled, poking the mouth-watering egg. "I can't eat a lot of things, actually.. but I will get a book a some booklets on what I can and can't eat."

He paused, his mouth falling open but no words escaping for a few seconds. "Wait, does that mean you can have any more fry ups?" his eyes were wide with shock and worry.

Jake was british; a very, very proud british at that. A fry up consisted of eggs, bacon, beans, sausages, black pudding, tomatoes, toast and the occasional mushroom. It was almost like a tradition for us to have a great british fry up every Sunday morning; it did wonders for hangovers from the previous Saturday night. After I faintly nodded, I received a shake of the head from my handsome boyfriend.

"How will you survive!" he dramatically said, holding a hand to his chest. I rolled my eyes and giggled as I bit into the crunchy piece of toast. "Our traditions will be broken!"

"I won't stop you from making one for yourself, I just won't be able to eat it." I replied, shrugging my shoulders and reaching for the orange juice, poured into the hand carved glass. "when I get the booklets, you can read them. I think you'll need them more than me."

"Why?" He questioned, stealing a bite of my second slice of toast. "I'm not going to be the one pushing out a human."

"Believe me babe, I'm having it easy. You'll need to deal with more than I will." I grinned cheekily, peeling of a piece of fatless bacon and popping it in my mouth with a satisfied moan.

"How?"

After I finished chewing, I replied. "My raging hormones; I'll be demanding pleasure then pushing you away when you try to touch me. My rollercoaster emotions; I'll be yelling at you, then crying apologetically. I'll be waking you up at 3am to tell you to go get me whatever cravings I may have. My body temperature will be rocky; I'll have the heating up full blast when it's boiling hot or the AC on when it's freezing cold-"