Chapter 5

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

"So there really is a baby in there?" Bobbie asked cutely, his index finger lightly poking lightly at my growing belly. The fascination sparkled in his gorgeous blue orbs as he sat, crossed legged beside me. I peered over to my adoring dad who laughed at my little brother's amazement.

"Yeah buddy, there is." I grinned, running my fingers through his blonde locks. He continued to stare, his little brain probably working ten times faster than it ever has. Bobbie's forehead creased, his eyebrows straining in confusion.

"But, how did it get there? Did you eat it?"

I couldn't contain my laughter as it rattled from my body, just like dad's. We had often been referred to having the same laugh-- only mine was higher pitched.

"No sweetie, I didn't eat it. When you're older, you'll know how it was put in my belly, okay?" I giggled, Bobbie didn't argue- probably wanting to avoid more confusion. He jumped from the couch and raced over towards the television set, plopping onto the floor and looking up to the screen intently as another Disney show played.

Just as he did, the doorbell chimed. "That'll be Justin and Hayley."

"I'll let them in, I've got to get going anyway. Thanks for watching him, babe." Dad said, standing up. "be good from Luxy, bud." Bobbie waved his hand but never batted an eyelash in his direction. Dad laughed and kissed my forehead, "see you soon, love."

"Bye daddy," I smiled, watching as he disappeared down the hallway while shrugging on his leather jacket. In a few moments, Justin and Hayley both appeared, hand-in-hand. "hey, sorry, my dad was leaving so he told me that he would let you in."

"That's no problem," Hayley smiled, reaching down and curling her stick thin arm around my frame. "we brought some Krispy Kremes." she drew back and grabbed the box from Justin's hands, pushing them down in my direction.

"Oh, well thank you." I smiled, standing and taking the box. "hey Justin." I curled my around around his torso, feeling him squeeze me before releasing. "do you guys want anything to eat or drink?"

"We're fine thanks," Justin smiled, taking a seat on the single chair.

I sat the box of delicious looking doughnuts on the coffee table before returning to my usual spot. Bobbie climbed from his spot, racing over and wedging himself between Hayley and I.

"Can I have one, please?" he asked, sucking his bottom lip inside his mouth.

I smiled, "Just one, okay?" he nodded and beamed in my direction, diving onto his knees and prying open the box to retrieve one of the chocolate glazed doughnuts. He jumped back between Hayley and I, biting into the spongy food. "Bobbie here found out something today, didn't you bud."

Bobbie nodded and took another bite.

"Oh yeah, what was that?" Justin asked, grinning over to my little brother.

"Luxy has a baby in her belly 'cause she ate him." Bobbie blurted. All three of us burst out in a rupture of laughter. "she said she didn't ate him but how else would a baby get in there?"

"I don't think you are old enough to understand that," Justin laughed, his shoulders violently shaking.

"And Luxy said Jake isn't the daddy.." Bobbie stated with great confusion, he looked up to me with his forehead creasing. "who is the daddy?"

With an unfamiliar feeling spreading through my chest, I fluttered my eyes up to Justin. He simply stared over at us, he caught my eye and smiled faintly. Gulping, I looked back at Bobbie.

"Justin is,"

His perfect blue iris's widened as he snapped his head over to my baby daddy. Justin curled his lips into a worried smile, his palms rubbing roughly together with nerves as nobody spoke one word.

"Does that make you my brother now?" Bobbie asked, furrowing his caterpillar eyebrows.

"No, bud, it doesn't." Justin replied.

"But you and Luxy are having a baby.." Bobbie trailed, his little voice holding endless amount of confusion.

"Remember what I told you?" I said quietly, smoothing down his blonde hair, "this baby isn't going to be mine. Justin is going to be the daddy and Hayley is going to be the mommy."

I could see Hayley shooting glances between Justin and I but however, she kept her mouth shut.

"But the baby is in your belly, not Hayley's."

"I know buddy. Listen, you won't understand what's going on now but when you're older, I'll explain it all, okay?" I reasoned. Bobbie nodded, his little face dropping. "hey, what's wrong?"

"I thought the baby was going to live here and that I could see it all the time.." He spoke, his little voice barely audible. I sucked in a breath, looking over to Hayley and Justin- both had hurt plastered over their features.

"Why don't you go down into mine and Jakey's bedroom and watch DVD's?" I questioned, quickly changing the painful subject. "the new Spiderman movie is already in the player, just press play, okay?"

His face lit up at the mention of his favorite superhero. "Okay!"

With a blink of an eye, he disappeared only to hear his little feet padding along the hallway. The tension was thick, nobody knew what to say.

"I'm sorry, I'm still trying to explain the whole situation to him.." I mumbled, twisting the ring around my finger.

"It's fine, he's only a child." Justin coughed, "I don't expect him to understand."

I smiled faintly in thankfulness. "So uh, I got a call today from Maria. She was saying that she wants to call an appointment with us for the weekend, if that was alright by you two."

Hayley forced a smile and nodded, "Of course. We got one too, that was what I wanted to talk to you about. We told her that Saturday would be fine, is that okay?"

I frowned, "Well actually, Jake and I are attending a restaurant opening on fifth. It's his brother's and it means a lot for us both to be there.."

"That's understandable, we can resc-" Justin started but was rudely interrupted.

"I'm sorry," Hayley breathed, her posture straightening. "you are going to blow off an extremely important meeting with the surrogate clinic to go to a restaurant opening?"

"Hayls, it's no big deal.." Justin hushed,

"It's not a big deal? Of course it's a big deal, Justin! She's having our baby! A baby that we are paying for! The least she can do is go to appointments that are important!" Hayley exclaimed, "I'm sorry but if I knew you were going to be like this, I wouldn't have agreed to you carrying my baby."

My inner conscience was screaming out for me to bite back with a bitchy comment. I bit my tongue and held back my words ready to spew out.

"Hayley, that's enough." Justin barked, his orbs darkening into a deep brown colour- something I had yet to see from him. "Lux had a life before she got pregnant, we can't expect her to give it up just because she is carrying our baby. Be thankful that she agreed to becoming the 9-month mother, be thankful she doesn't drink, smoke or take drugs, one day or night is nothing compared to what she is going to go through."

Now that was a side I had never seen from him before. Hayley even seemed taken back by the sternness and firmness of his tone. Her glossed lips pursed into a tightly straight line, her eyes darting down to the carpet below. Justin's body relaxed after his little rant, his eyes softening back into their normal honey brown colour.

"Babe.." he sighed.

Hayley stubbornly shook her head, "It's fine. I shouldn't have snapped like that.. I'm just- the whole situation is alien to me, it seems weird knowing that I'm a mother to a baby that isn't going to be inside me or coming out of me. I guess I'm just worried.."

I slumped my shoulders, "I could always get out of going.."

She shook her head and smiled, "Don't. Like Justin said, we can always reschedule."

"Are you sure? I mean, I can always talk to Jake, he'll understand." I said.

"No no, don't do that." Hayley mumbled, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I let my stressed self get the better off me. Everythings just been piling up, I've been worrying about you and stressed about my modeling and everything.."

"Well you don't need to be worrying about me," I promised, "I have Jake, my dad and Natasha, plus Bobbie. I'm perfectly safe. We are perfectly safe" I rested my hand on my growing belly, seeing the small smile light up on her chanel glossed lips.

She nodded, "Thank you."

"It's no problem, I want this to work out just as much as you two. You both deserve it." I smiled, "I know you'll both be great parents, I mean, look at you both now! You're worrying about us and I'm not even half way through this pregnancy yet."

Justin spoke next, "We want you to be just as safe and healthy as the baby, Lux." he rested his hand on my knee, "we will never be able to repay you. You are giving us the most precious gift ever, no amount of money or gifts will be able to thank you for that."

I bit my lip and twiddled my thumbs, my brain pushing the words to the tip of my tongue as they flew out of my mouth without another thought. "Come to Andaz's on Saturday."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

"It's Marcus, Jake's brothers, new restaurant." I breathed, "I want to help them get good publicity and by having you two, possibly the biggest celebrities of the century, turn up it's bound to get the publicity they need." I paused and sucked in a breath, "please don't think I'm using you both but I just want Marcus to-"

"We'll do it." Justin blurted,

"Seriously?" I questioned,

He chuckled, "Of course, if this means something to you then of course we'll do it."

I breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank you so much."

"Text us the details, we'll come and pick you and Jake up and bring you to the restaurant with us. Okay?" he said smiling as I nodded. "I think we better get going. I've to head over to the studio then off to a meeting."

"And I've got to head over to the studio too. Elle wants to have a shoot with me." Hayley spoke, grabbing her firetruck red Gucci bag from her feet and standing in sync with Justin and I.

"Well thank you both for stopping by and I am really sorry about Bobbie."

"Don't worry about it, like Ju' said, he's only a child." Hayley smile- obviously fakely. "and I'm sorry for snapping."

I held open the door as they walked into the hallway. "It's no problem. When Jake comes home I'll ask him about Saturday then get back to you both, is that okay?"

"Certainly." Justin said. Suddenly he arched his back and dipped down, his hand cupping around my stomach that was neatly hidden behind the baggy, forever 21 shirt I wore. "bye baby, daddy will see you tomorrow."

"So will mommy," Hayley added, rubbing the spot just above Justin's hand. "call us later, honey."

"I will, bye guys." I smiled, closing the door as they disappeared down the hallway hand-in-hand like the happy couple they are. As I turned, my body jumped backwards in fright as Bobbie stood in front of me. "Bobbie! You scared the life out of me!"

"When Hayley and Justin take away the baby, will I not be an uncle anymore?" He questioned, pouting lightly. Sighing, I bent down and scooped his little body up into my arms.

"You'll always be an uncle, buddy." I said, kissing his forehead. "who knows, maybe Justin and Hayley will let you go and visit the baby. Would you like that?"

His eyes sparked up as he nodded furiously, "Yes!"

"Okay then, I'll ask them but for now, do you want to come cuddle with me and we can munch on junk food and watch movies?"

"Yes! But I want to choose the movie!" he squirmed from my arms and dashed through the hallway, his giggles leaving a trail behind him. Smiling, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bag of popcorn. As I waited for it to be ready, my cell buzzed from the countertop.

From: Justin Bieber (at: 3:27pm)
Have u got plans for tomorrow? x

To: Justin Bieber (at 3:27pm)
Apart from work, no. I'm free from 2:30pm, why? x

From: Justin Bieber (at: 3:29pm)
Central park @ 1:30, just u and me. I'd like to get to know the mother of my child better x

*the picture at the top is bobbie*