Chapter 17

Lux Halloways' point of view. .

My dried eyes stung agonisingly as they peered swollenly down at computer screen. Hugging the fluffy blanket tighter around my body, I held in another sob as my father and step-mom continued to sit silently as my latest shared news processed in their brains.

"..I'm getting a grand-daughter?" Dad repeated. With a sniffle, I nodded faintly. I saw him gulp and his eyes glanced desperately to Natasha before returning to me. "wow.."

"How are you feeling?" Natasha hesitantly asked.

I shrugged, "I'm not sure.." biting my badly chapped lip, I wiped my bare cheeks with my cold, nimble fingers. "I'm feeling a lot of things right now, guess that's hormones.. right?"

Dad licked his lips, "I'm no woman and I certainly know nothing about pregnancy hormones or whatever, but I do know that they aren't the reason you're sitting drowning in tears, Lux." snapping my eyes to my tissue cluttered lap, I begged for him not to continue with the ever-so-painful topic.

"Daddy, please." I whispered gently, "I can't do anything. This baby is theirs. In a few months they'll be a proper family and I'll have nothing but the memories, so please, don't make this harder than it already is." freshly sprung tears leaked from my burning eyes, coating my sticky cheeks in more moisture.

My fathers blue irises swam with the familiar wet liquid as his Adam's apple bobbed quickly and his gaze diverted elsewhere. Natasha caringly cupped a hand around his cheek, mumbling a few incoherent words before they both lifted their gazes to the screen once again.

"Have you heard from either of them?" Natasha asked softly, her voice smooth and careful.

I shook my head, grasping the scrunched up tissue and wiping my runny nose. "Not from yesterday, I asked for them to give me some space for a while. Justin sent a text earlier but I didn't reply." gripping tighter onto the blanket, I shrugged lightly. "I suppose I should text soon.. I just don't want them seeing me like.. well.. this."

"They're bound to know this isn't easy on you, love." Natasha murmured.

Faintly, from the corner of the dusty screen I could see her hand and dad's intertwined with each others– in that moment, I could remember the first time dad introduced Natasha and I; being only seven and three-quarters and scarred from the heart aching divorce my parents were going through, I hated her at first until I saw the look in their eyes– they looked at each other with heart fluttering smiles, their hands interlocked for the duration of the entire day and their blues orbs filled with nothing but love and of course, after Natasha bought me a strawberry cone with colourful sprinkles, I was won over.

"I'm not too sure about that," I muttered, "they seemed to forget I was even there yesterday, they were too wrapped in each other to notice I had left the room. I have never saw any couple switch from fighting to falling head over heels with each other in literally five seconds."

"They were fighting?" She asked,

I nodded, "Yeah, it's a long story but they fought before-hand then when they found out a little girl was growing inside me, it was like the previous argument never happened." my eyes watered again at the thought of this perfect little girl forming in my womb– would she have my eyes, or Justin's? Mine or Justin's hair? His cute button nose or my Italian thick lips?

Before I broke down– again, I cleared my lump risen throat and blinked harshly back the tears. I was tormenting myself again.

"Guys, I need to go. My apartment looks like it's been hit with a tissue titlewave." I truthfully told. "I'll call later, send my love to nana, pops and Bobbie."