Chapter 6

Lux Halloway's point of view. . .

"So even though you are pregnant with his baby and you have his little white men inside you, you didn't even get to fuck him?" Ruby, my outrageous childhood friend spoke as she sipped at her creamy, starbucks frappe. A blush tainted my cheeks at Ruby's forwardness- she had always spoke her mind, sometimes without even thinking.

"Rubs', I'm a surrogate not a fuck buddie." I explained, "anyway, you know I wouldn't dare do that to Jake."

"Lux, it's Justin fucking Bieber!" she exclaimed, earning a few glares from those who sat close to our table; Ruby however was completely oblivious and continued to spew her words. "are you telling me that you wouldn't ride the shit out of him?"

"Rubs'." I scolded with a hush whisper, darting my eyes to the three women who sneered in disgust at us. Ruby looked in the direction I was and rolled her mossy green eyes, crossing her eyes and leaning back in the mahogany wooden chair. "but no I wouldn't. In case you've forgotten, I'm in a happy relationship with Jake, y'know, my boyfriend?"

She shrugged carelessly, "So? He agreed to letting you have their baby, the least he should have done was to get some fun out of it." it was my time to roll my eyes as I pulled the green straw between my lips. "who will be going shopping for the baby things?"

"Justin and Hayley, it is there baby."

"No, it's Justin and your baby." she said, deeply emphasizing the word 'your'.

"No, Ruby. It's Justin and Hayley's baby." I replied, breathing out. "Sure it may be my egg but it's not my baby."

"Whatever," she stated, dropping the subject quickly. "are you going to meet them today?"

"Actually, I'm going to meet Justin in Central Park. He wants to get to know me a little better." I explained, checking the time on my cell that lay on the smooth wooden surface of the table. "I should actually get going now, I'm meeting him at the ice rink at one-thirty."

"Oh ice rink, how romantic." Ruby smirked. With a quick eyeroll, I snatched my bag from the floor and tossed the straps over my shoulder.

"I'll call you later, okay?"

Ruby nodded and sipped at her frappe, a smirk hiding behind the straw perched between her mocco painted lips. She released the straw and twirled it between her fingers, scraping the creamy contents from the edge of the plastic cup.

"I would say use protection but it's a little late for that."

* * *

"Mommy, mommy! Can I get an ice-cream, please!" A small little boy begged the black-haired woman. He tugged at her jeans, a cute little smile on his face showing the gap where teeth should have been.

"We need to go and get proper food first, baby." The woman explained, smoothing her hand over his flat hair.

The boy pouted and nodded, "Okay, but can I have one after?"

The woman laughed lightly, "We'll see sweetie, you need to eat all your lunch up first."

He grinned and nodded, giggling as he latched hands with his mother before they continued walking down the path. A small pang of hurt ripped through my heart, however I pushed it aside when a familiar face appeared in front of me.

"Sorry I'm late," he apologised, a smile picking up his lips. "Got stuck with some paparazzi."

I stood up and smiled in reassurance, "It's fine, I understand."

He opened his arms and pulled me into his embrace, his hand rubbing down my back before drawing away. A Chicago Bulls snapback was placed on his head, the small amount of hair tickling his forehead as he supported a black v-neck and red, low hanging skinny jeans with his a pair of black and red vans strapped around his feet.