Chapter 20

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

"He actually said that!" Ruby gasped, her mouth gaping slightly at the sudden news. I nodded, my fingertips trailing over the soft fabrics of the pastel coloured dresses. "and what else? Did he say that he was going to cancel the wedding or what? That's pretty deep for someone who is getting married in five weeks."

"Of course he isn't going to cancel, he loves her." I said, grabbing a dusty pink, strapless dress from the thin rail and holding it against my blooming figure. My bump stuck out from beneath my original outfit and the pretty dress. "besides, he said that he would go home and talk it out with her."

"The boy practically said that he didn't want to marry the wicked witch of the west." She replied, "I honestly think that he's hman with a brain would stay with someone like Hayley if they didn't have a reason?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side. "be serious now, Lux. If you had Justin's money and.. power, would you stay with a boyfriend who begs you for your credit card or goes behind your back and organises something?"

"But love overpowers everything.."

She shrugged, "Maybe so but Justin is smart, real smart but he's just overshadowed with the thought of something that possibly happened in the past. Who knows, maybe he's afraid of being lonely or rejection of some kind.."

"I guess.."

"You don't need to guess 'cause it's true."

I could feel the frown grace my lips at the mere thought of Justin only being in the ridiculous relationship with Hayley because he's afraid of loneliness. Then again, he has the closest group of friends and family so that couldn't be possible, could it?

"Anyway–" I coughed, replacing the chiffon dress on the rail. "–this shopping trip was for you to tell me what you heard yesterday, seeing as you decided not to return my text when I asked you what." I glared jokingly, walking towards the skinny jeans. "so what did you hear? Please don't tell me that plastic Penelope is getting another boob job, the girl is going to have breasts bigger than Pamela Anderson!"

Ruby laughed, "No, she's not. Altho, I did hear that Saggy Sally was thinking about a facelift and let's be honest, the woman needs it. She's thirty-seven and looks like she's one-hundred-and-eighty."

It was true, however harsh it may sound. The woman had more wrinkles than a Shar Pei dog.

"Whatever, we're getting off track." I giggled, "tell me what you heard."

"Oh right, well, you know Linda?" She started, "well she was talking too Suzy and Heather and saying how Hayley Grim, soon-to-be-Bieber, came to the hospital for a 'private' matter." she emphasised with her index and middle fingers curling in the air.

"Did she say why?"

Ruby shook her head, "No, we were all trying to find out why too."

I furrowed my brows, "Maybe she was visiting someone.."

"In the maternity department?" She said, cocking a brow.

I swallowed, "But she's infertile, surely she couldn't be there for.. other matters. Right?"

She shrugged, "Who knows, maybe you could bring it up to Justin later tonight. Just say how concerned you are, even if you are lying." she unfolded a pair of black skinnies, holding them to her waist and peering down with a frown. "I really need to go back to the gym. Hurry up and pop that sucker out so we can go back to being gym buddies."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure, hold on 'til I just spread my legs here and deliver in the store." picking up on my soaked sarcasm, she poked out her tongue in a childish manner and placed the jeans back on the table.