Chapter 15

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

@luxyyy: Ice-cream with my favourite little boy! - via .
@luxyyy: Gonna miss this cheeky little monkey:( - via

"Luxy, watch me!" His shriek echoed across the playground, his lips pulling into a wide grin showing the gap from his missing two front teeth as he noticed my glance. With a cheeky giggle and his heels of his converse digging onto the plastic, he pulled himself down the mustard yellow, twisting slide with his musical laughter drifting into the hot New York air. As his feet touched the ground below, he leapt towards me with a beaming smile. "did you see me! Did you?"

"I did buddy," I giggled, nudging my thumb lightly into his cheek and rubbing a piece of excess chocolate from the chocolate ice-lolly he previously had. "just be careful okay? And remember, don't talk to any strange adults, okay?"

With a nod, he took of running back to the climbing frame that had my heart thumping rapidly. As I watched on with a smile, my hand fanning my sizzling skin, as my sticky legs crossing under the, I felt a presence sit beside me with a shadow shielding me from the boiling sun.

"He's a little dare devil, isn't he?" He rasped with a chuckle, tugging lightly on his cut-off jeans and extending his legs out.

I nodded, taking a sip of the cool sprite and securing the cap back on. "He'll be the death of me one day."

I could see him shrug faintly as he chuckled again, "He's a boy, I was the same at that age."

Turning my head to face the grinning super star, he brought the bottle to his lips and gently sipped at the cold contents. His eyes covered by the black raybans, his body dressed in a tight beater and a pair of low-hanging denim cut-offs, his feet decorated in his normal red supras.

"So when you were two, you tried diving on your mom's dresser because you saw spiderman do it?" I questioned, cocking a brow. He pursed his lips, holding back a loud laugh as he shook his head. "exactly."

"But I did run around the house in only my diaper and my mom's top tied around my neck pretending it was a cape like superman." He admitted with a sigh, "those were the days."

I giggled, "That's certainly a story to tell your grandkids." he shrugged with a smile, quickly checking his phone and slipping it back into his pocket. "where's Hayley?"

Again, he shrugged. "Shopping I think, I don't know. I haven't talked to her since yesterday, we had a minor argument, I stormed out and slept over at the studio. When I got home, she wasn't there."

"What did you argue about?" I questioned gently, furrowing my brows and resting a hand under my round stomach. It was natural instinct now– rubbing, talking or cupping my proud bump. Sometimes I didn't realise I was doing it.

He sighed, "The baby.."

My heart jolted as I replayed the conversation between Ruby and myself yesterday. My mind raced through every possibilities that triggered their argument, did they not want the baby? Was I not good enough anymore?

"W-what do you mean?"

He licked his heart-shaped lips and shrugged, "She's just getting stressed with everything. She thinks I'm spending too much time around you, I guess she just a little jealous." his shoulder rose and fell as a sigh escaped his naturally peach lips. "she'll come around, she'll be fine by tonight. I'm taking her for dinner."

Forcing a painful smile onto my lips, I nodded. "That's nice." willing my voice not to strain as I talked, I continued. "everything might be just piling atop of her, I know it's like that for me. I mean, I feel the stress and I'm not even doing anythin–"