Chapter 2

Lux Halloway's point of view. .

@luxyyy I hate needles and this is just reminding me that there is one sticking from my arm! - via instagram .
@luxyyy I know I'm doing a right thing, I'd just like to have it ran past me first..
@luxyyy So tired, I feel like I could sleep for weeks..

"Miss Halloway?" A stout nurse said, standing at the foot of my bed with a soft smile pulled onto her ruby red lips. Raising my head from the pillow, I looked at her. "You have visitors outside. You still have thirty minutes of recovery left, so I can send them in or tell them to wait, if you like."

"Send them in" I muttered, peeling my heavy eyelids open. She nodded and placed the mint green file back in the holder, hanging over the bottom of the bed. I lay back down, begging for my eyes to stay open a little longer.

"Lux?" A voice sounded. Again, raising my head and feeling the strain on the back of my neck, my lips turned into a smile once I saw the perfect couple stand with a bunch of flowers and a 'Thank You' balloon.

"Come on in, I don't bite" I joked, "Even if I did, I don't have the energy to move right now."

They both walked closer, Hayley setting the balloon and bunch of flowers down first before appearing at my side with her loving fiance glued to her hip.

"How you feeling?" Justin asked, earning a harsh nudge in the side by his fiancee's elbow. He yelped and rubbed the spot, narrowing his eyes dramatically at the smaller, but only by a few short inches, woman. "What was that for?"

"She's just has her secret passage poked around with tools that don't belong there!" Hayley exclaimed, "She's hardly going to be skipping in circles, doofus!"

A giggle escaped my lips as I watched the couple fight jokingly between them. Justin, who looked clueless to what I had just experienced, shrugged and smiled sheepishly. His arm wrapped around Hayley's stick-thin waist, his lips pressing to her flat-ironed hair as she relaxed into his protective grip.

"I'm sorry about him, he's a little clueless when it comes to situations like this.. I'm just thankful he's good with kids." Hayley said, looking up to her fiance with a sly smirk on her lips.

"I'm fine, thank you, Justin." I smiled gratefully, "I'm a little tired and a bit tender but honestly, I'm good."

"Did they say how long you're going to be kept here?" She asked.

"Thirty more minutes then my hour will be up and I'll be able to go home." I breathed, wriggling my body into the sitting position. "I can't wait, this room is so dull. No wonder I want to sleep." stifling a yawn, and failing, I blushed making them both laugh lightly. "Sorry.."

"Don't apologise girl, we understand it's tiring." Hayley smiled, "Well, actually, we don't but you get what I'm saying, right?" I nodded, a smiling hinged on my lips. "So, we'd like to get to know you a little better, if that's alright with you of course.."

"Of course. I have no reason to stop you. After all, I am possibly carrying your baby."

Justin smiled before saying, "Well, where's your family from?"

"My father's side is from Italy, my mother's side is from New York." I replied.

"Are you close with your parents?"

"I was, when they were married." I said, "They divorced when I was six. Dad remarried three years later to a woman named Natasha, they had a little boy called Bobbie, he's now seven." They both had a sympathetic look in their eyes, the same look I had got from every single person who knew about my parents divorce. "Please, don't look at me like that. I don't want sympathy, I've became stronger because of it."