Chapter 3 - I like him, I hate you

[A.N: This chapter has some big similarities with my real life. Other than the name of Nadia's boss and colleagues, the names of the 'hot guy' and his boss and colleagues are REAL......... And the messages and everything are also REAL........ This is a big step for me, to share my personal life like an open book. But my intention is to share my feelings with you guys and preach some life lessons that I learnt.......that all girls should learn!

Happy reading!]

I hum a song on my own as I lock my apartment door. I don't know why, but something about the weather today is making me very happy. I drop the keys inside my bag and pull it tightly around my shoulder before turning on my heels to walk ahead.

On turning left as I reach Niall and Liam's apartment, I see them leaving their place as well. Liam locks the door as Niall stands behind him, fiddling with his mobile. He wears a white buttoned up shirt, sleeves rolled up to the elbows along with dark blue skinny jeans – much like mine, and black suede boots.

I break my gaze from him and pass them when Liam spots me.

"Hey, morning," he smiles.

"Morning," I smile back. "When does your office start?" I ask, settling the scarf around my head properly.

"10.30, yours?"

"A little before, 10," I answer. "Alright, see you later. Have a nice day, bye," I wave and walk down the stairs when I hear Niall call my name.

I stop, but don't turn around. Soon, I hear his footsteps approaching me. He turns me around, so I'm looking at him. Even before I land my eyes on his, I look up to see Liam bearing a strange smile. If I'm guessing right then maybe he knows about Monday night and how Niall behaved rudely with me, and maybe he pushed his cousin to apologize to me, or just talk.

"Can I have a minute?" Niall asks.

"I'm listening, make it fast," I cross my arms before my chest and shift my eyes on the floor.

"Don't think I'm doing it because I feel bad," his voice hushes. "Liam wants me to apologize to you for what I said on Monday night."

I look at Liam and find him nodding his head. Only if he could know what his cousin is actually telling me in hushed tone.

"I'm sorry for my behavior on Monday night. I shouldn't have behaved that way with you," his voice comes back to normal just so Liam knows that he actually apologized to me.

I squint my eyes and shake my head. This is unbelievable. I can't waste any more minutes for someone who feels ashamed to apologize for his own mistakes.

"It's okay, Niall. You don't have to pretend. I'm sure Liam will understand that you're just apologizing to me because he wants you to," I lock my eyes with Liam whose face immediately falls and then at Niall again who is staring shocked at me.

I turn on my heels and walk down the remaining stairs to hit the street.

I clench my jaws and walk faster, trying to make it to the bus stop before Liam and Niall. I don't know how they go to office, in fact which company they work for and its location, but they don't have a vehicle and that only makes sense for them to take the bus.

On reaching the bus stop, as if on cue a bus arrives instantly and I board it. Thankfully, it is a tad less crowded than the rest of the days and I sigh for getting a place to sit.

Office has been pretty amazing since Monday. Not that anything even started with the hot guy, but I catch him staring at me with his hypnotizing looks all the time – when he comes near my workstation to get tea because the water purifier and tea are kept diagonally to my left, when he comes to talk to Santosh and the other guy whose name I've learnt to be Bhadrish; at the counter before us, when he comes inside the office after taking tea or lunch breaks, every time his eyes are on me. However, the best thing happened yesterday.