Chapter 10 - Don't cross the limit

Too many things have been happening in my life lately. To start with I'm already severely messed up with Steven and his unusual ways of dealing with things and then Niall has also crept into my mind. Ever since he told me about some "personal problem" that compelled him to behave rudely with me that night I can't possibly help, but think about it only.

Niall has always appeared to me as someone who keeps his life as an "open book". I have known him for only a few weeks, and I've come to know both his bright as well as dark side. However, last night when he said to me that he is suffering from some weird "personal problem" I only questioned myself if I had made a mistake in knowing and understanding him.

I reached office today at sharp 10.00 Am and without getting distracted even a bit I have kept myself engrossed in writing. Deepak and Venkatesh comes a little late after 11.00 Am and my determination to do more stories push me so much that I'm already on the verge of saving the first story.

I think of all the suggestions that Amrita, Sirin and surprisingly Niall gave to me and decide to at least make an attempt to not think of Steven. However, as the clock strikes 11.30 Am and the sensor plate on the door beeps my heartbeats start to race up because I know it's him.

I look to my left from the corner of my eyes and find him in a red striped shirt that he mans up to a whole new level and black pants. His dread locks are tied into a semi bun and he walks a little faster than his average speed, carrying his helmet in the left hand.

I feel weak in my knees, wondering how anyone can look so hot – everyday. However, unlike the other days a tiny part of me reminds me of the oath I took just a few seconds before and I shake myself up and concentrate on the stories.

I jot down the other stories of the day in a writing pad that I found from a suitcase of mine this morning and remembered that my dad made that for me. I show the stories to Venkatesh and he readily gives me his approval. Therefore, not wasting any more time I start writing the next set of stories.

I push aside the prospect of even turning back to look at Steven, off my mind and it surprisingly works in keeping my mind calm. I feel like a winner, being able to achieve what I've been trying to do for so many weeks. I feel like the wild temptation I've been feeling towards him totally disappear, making me feel as light as air.

For the rest of the day, I find Steven roaming around the office with many cups of teas in his hand, but I successfully keep him off my mind and thoughts. I know the temptation is bubbling wild at the back of my mind, but somehow I've created a shield to stop it from penetrating my heart.

End hours roll in and I'm again the only one sitting inside our counter. Both Deepak and Venkatesh have left and I'm writing faster than ever, so I could get off by 7.00 Pm. At this time, I hear footsteps closing on to me and I know it's not Steven's. Feeling a tad curious, I look back to notice Shekhar standing behind me with his hands inside his pockets. A teeny smile paints his lips.

"Hi," I manage to put up a smile and nod, totally hoping for him to go away.

"So, done with your stories for today?" he asks, smiling.

"Yeah, just...ahhmm....just finished," I fail to answer him back.

He catches me browsing Facebook, where I had just posted a model's shirtless picture on Amrita's wall. His eyes stay affixed on the model as if gulping him down in his looks.

"What are you doing on Facebook?" he asks, after some time.

"I'm just chatting with my best friend," I smile, trying to read his expressions.