Chapter 27 - Happy Birthday Liam

The special drug from Germany arrived late on Saturday night. Niall took the first doze on Monday that cost a whopping Rs. 30,000. If it works fine then he has to take a set of another 5 dozes to finally see some fruitful effects. The doctors took his blood samples on Tuesday and the results are still under process in the laboratory. We haven't been given a time yet, but we hope to receive them in another week.

However, I don't know whether to be hopeful or scared about it. My heart only feels dizziness as my mind struggles to deal with the situations. I'm unable to think of anything these days – my work, my family, and my friends. I haven't talked to them in almost a week, and all the times they called I've either hung up or not received. I did talk to my mother though on Facebook, and that's how everyone heard about me.

I know I'm being unfair to them especially because they have no idea what's going on in my life. I don't like keeping them strangers about my whereabouts, especially my mother and friends. But, what do I tell them? I've been lucky enough to fall in love with this beautiful boy and now there's a possibility that I might not see him ever again. How do I tell them?

Niall's condition is only worsening by each day. His dense blonde hair is slightly falling off, his skin is becoming paler and his oceanic blue eyes are losing their glow. I'm seeing it, I'm watching him, I'm being an observer of the slow demise of the love of my life.

Today, Niall and I have called in sick for work after we stayed up all night for Liam's birthday. He turned the big 24. Sophia and I had joined hands to cook an Indo-British-Irish cuisine at dinner. It was a blast, and call it strange – I felt like we're a big old happy family in our own, little world.

I slowly open the door of my room to take a glimpse of Niall, still sleeping. He lies the same static way, but I decide to wake him up anyway lest he misses his breakfast and the medicines he is scheduled to take after that.

I keep the breakfast tray on the edge of the bed, and climb up on it – scooting over to my boyfriend. He literally sleeps like a baby with his bare back facing the ceiling. I smile at the sight and gently kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, baby. Good morning," I whisper in his ear.

"Hmm," he mumbles, and moves his face.

"Wakeee up," I smile, running a hand through his hair.

"Mmmmm....no, let me sleep. You sleep too, Noddy."

I laugh. "I've made egg sandwich for breakfast."

"Lovely," he smiles. "Now sleep," he pulls me in and I giggle.

"Niall...." I break into laughter. "Get up, get up, get up," I repeat and slap on his back mildly.

He laughs as well before finally caving in and sitting up. "Okay, I'm up. I'm up," he sniffs and starts panting.

My face drops and I rub circles on his back. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

He nods and bites his lower lip. "It's fine, Noddy. I'm okay," he locks gaze with me.

I nod, hesitantly. "Okay."

Niall lands a kiss on my forehead and I close my eyes at the touch of his lips on my skin. When he pulls away, we look at each other a little longer than normal.

"Mmm, smells good," my boyfriend says as he drags the tray closer to us.

"Thanks," I smile.

We start eating the sandwiches and I feel a very happy atmosphere surround us. Niall munches on the sandwiches like there is no tomorrow and it's such a beautiful picture to be captured by my eyes. I think what it would be like doing this on a daily basis with him – just us and no worries holding us back.