Chapter 15 - Long drive outside the city

"Assholes," I say as I toss my mobile on the couch.

I leave an exasperated sigh before surrendering myself as well on the couch.

Reason? My friends.

We planned to have a nice Saturday night, and just as I thought finally I would get some peace and fun to clear my head off Steven and especially Niall, they cancelled the plan.

I'm so very pissed at them and hugely disappointed. I hate cancelling plans at the nick of time, and that too for stupid reasons like "the pub is way too far from my house." Sundays are off, what is the problem then?

I thump myself down on the couch and continue growling. I even left office early in order to meet them, and cut my chance of doing more stories that indirectly also means more incentives for the month.

Anger embraces me so bad that I feel myself inside a bubble of hot air, capable of busting any time. I take a glimpse of the time from my mobile, and learn that it's only 6.30 Pm. I know this is the perfect time to go out and enjoy the Saturday night away. But, with whom? The question reverberates in my mind. I can't remember if Liam and Niall's apartment was locked or not because I barged inside my flat in great haste. Therefore, I rise to my feet and walk out of my apartment to go check on them.

The heels of my shoes make a clanking noise on the floor. When I reach the boys' apartment, I see that it's locked. I sigh, instantly realizing that it was stupid of me to think that they'll be at home at this hour on a Saturday. Liam has a girlfriend and Niall's life colorful in every sense of the word – he must be partying hard somewhere.

Depressed even more, I return to my place, and sit perched on the couch. All that I anticipated to do tonight after meeting my friends run in my mind and I get sadder. I was so looking forward to go out.

The feeling takes such a huge control on me that I instantly stand on my feet.

"I will go out, even if it means alone," I say.

Without wasting any further time, I grab my handbag, mobile and keys, and leave the apartment. I lock and simply go down the stairs, not letting any second thoughts change my mind.

I don't know where I am heading to, but I know I need to shop to calm myself down. On hitting the road, I board a bus en route to Majestic – yet again an unplanned move.

Whilst on the bus, I decide to take an auto rickshaw from Majestic bus stop, and go to MG Road and Brigade Road to do shopping. Satisfied with my plan, I plug in the earphones and start listening to music.

Owing to being Saturday night, auto rickshaws stay lined up near the Majestic bus stop to go to MG and Brigade Road – the ultimate stop for both shopper as well as partygoers in Bangalore. I board one as my mobile informs me that it's 7.30 Pm now.

For some reason, my mind goes to Steven. I think that in the whirlwind of incidents that have been happening to me lately, I've not realized that my temptation for him has completely gone away. I see him in office, and yet fail to feel the old, familiar rush. I don't know if it's because he lied to me about being in Chennai or is it just the change of scenario between Niall and I – I know that whatever the cause, my heart feels free of unnecessary weight and undeserved sadness.

On reaching MG Road, I pay the auto driver quickly and start walking along the stretch of pubs and bars. I round KFC and keep walking towards Brigade road, remembering that some of the best pubs of Bangalore are situated there.