Epilogue

I close my eyes briefly before landing them on the wall clock. It's half past midnight. The pasta has turned cold and the sound of the clock ticking reassures me that I'm alive.

I take a deep and long sigh and turn to my left, at Sirin. Her face is drenched with tears just as mine. Biting my lower lip, I look away.

"I didn't know what else to do," I say.

She gasps and rubs circles on my back. "You're absolutely safe here, sweetie."

I don't utter anything and instead only nod slowly.

"You don't have to rush to get a job. Also, don't worry about the rent. Just give yourself time and I'll be with you the whole time," she says.

I put my lips in between my teeth and hug her. She readily responses by pulling me in and I start crying at the crook of her neck. Sirin rubs gently on my head while murmuring "Ssshh" in my ear.

"I've no clue how I'll survive without him," I say once we pull away.

"It's too soon to say that, honey," she tucks my unruly hairs behind my ears. "Don't even think of anything at this moment. Just try to relax and take as much time as you want."

I nod, wiping the tears off my face. "Tha...thank you."

"You're most welcome," she kisses on my forehead and stirs on her seat. "Now, let's finish the pasta."

"Ahhmm," I hum. "I don't want to eat it anymore."

"Nadia?" Sirin tilts her head.

I smile. "Please, not today. I just want to go to bed. Please," I beg.

She lets out a massive sigh. "Alright. You go to bed; I'll come back after sometime. Got some office work to finish. I've a presentation tomorrow."

"Okay. Goodnight," I retort and rise to my feet.

"Goodnight," she rubs on my arm.

I slowly stroll towards the bedroom and enter it. After closing the door shut, I make my way towards the balcony. With monsoon at its peak right now, the weather feels extremely delightful and soothing. I stand before the railing and wrap my arms around my body, taking a deep breath and looking at the sky. The stars shine bright today and somehow it makes me smile.

I turn around and enter the room again to open my handbag. The letter that Niall gave to me lies deep inside and I take it out before making my way back to the balcony.

My eyes run over the letter as I read and reread every word again and again. My eyes become watery and my chest starts to vibrate. I feel an immense pain rise in my body as I bite my lower lip hard.

"I promise, baby," I whisper, looking at the stars. "I'll keep your last wish," I say, pressing the letter close to my chest. "I love you, always."

                                                                                            **THE END**