Chapter 22 - You make me so happy

Everything about today makes me delighted. It's literally a new day in my life. Not only did I wake up to a fresh sunshine, but also to the beautiful realization that Niall loves me. Somewhat it's unusual for me to believe it, accept it and sink it in. How the hell did this happen? Didn't we hate each other like anything even a few weeks back?

I laugh at the memories as I walk up the stairs to office. After opening the door, I enter the place and stroll forward to our counter. Taking a deep sigh, I occupy my chair and turn on the computer. As I'm just settling myself on the chair I hear the sensor of the door beep and Steven enters the office. His eyes straight away land on me, but I look away that instant.

I'm very aware of what happened between us last evening, and to some extent I'm actually ashamed. I know the way Steven handled me crushing on him wasn't right, but the way I dealt with my crush on him was equally and maybe even worse. Somehow I developed a feeling of right on him although we weren't even good friends. Furthermore, never did for once I attempted to know him as a person, and all I did was drool over his physical beauty and shamelessly chase after him.

And, I owe this realization to Niall because if it wasn't for him then I would still badly crush on Steven, turn my life terribly miserable and basically frustrate the shit out of myself. Being with Niall makes me understand what my heart actually felt all this while and the façade I was living in. I have always loved Niall and Steven was a catalyst that made me learn that.

Concentrating on work has never felt easy as I feel today. Articles are gushing out as smooth as it can get of my pen. Venkatesh smiles the widest at me and has even given a pat on the back after one of the articles hit the top spot on Google News.

It's 5.00 Pm now and I've already finished writing 5 stories. Stretching my arms in the air, I decide to take a much-deserved break. Grabbing the mobile, I walk out of the office and find my way on the staircase.

As known, when it comes to weather Bangalore never fails to impress you. I fiddle with my phone and smile at the remembrance of last night's moments when Steven comes out of the door. Our eyes lock instantly, and I swallow and look away.

However, I hear footsteps close on to me and the next thing I see is Steven kneeling down before me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

He sighs and takes my hands before looking deep into my eyes. "I'm sorry, Nadia."

I stare at him a little longer than normal. "Look, Steven. I should be the one apologizing as what I did yesterday isn't what I've ever done. You were right, every person is different, but that doesn't mean he or she is rude. I failed to understand you, and I rushed into things. I'm sorry, these shouldn't have happened."

He smiles at me before rising on his feet and occupying a tiny place beside me.

"I guess we're even then?" he wraps his arms around my shoulders.

I close my eyes briefly and discreetly and very strangely cringe at him touching me.

"I guess," I murmur.

Steven excitedly stands up and rubs his palms together. He squeezes my cheeks and then strolls forward.

"I'm counting on you to compensate for yesterday," he says.

"What?" I meet my eyes with him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wrap up everything within 6.30 pm," he pats on my head and laughs a tad.

My mouth remains agape as I try to figure out how to react. As if on cue, Niall calls me up at this time. I hurriedly receive the call.

"He...ello," I say.