Chapter 7 - Truth after six years

Niall and I manage to avoid each other for nearly a week. Meanwhile, Liam and I become quite close and we end up having our late night chat sessions almost every other night. I tell him my IIJNM stories and he tries to get me to talk to his cousin, but I refuse every time. Niall and I do see each other, but don't talk. And I'm pretty glad that for whatever reason it is he isn't bothering me anymore.

On the other hand, things have slowed down to a tortoise's pace between Steven and I. In office, other than "morning" and "bye" he hardly shows any interest to take an initiative to talk to me. When I ask him out for break if he's free then only goes out, otherwise he declines me – something I've got accustomed to. When I text him he never ever checks the messages and I've just grown to hate the situation. It wrecks me so bad that I've been finding it hard to concentrate on work.

At this situation, I should just let go and move on. However, I don't know why I can't. When I see him, all these dreams that I've woven with him; flash before my eyes. I try to tell myself that if not him a series of other guys will happen and God must've a better plan for me. But the temptation I have in my heart stimulates me to such a level that I forget every sane thing. I forget my self-esteem, my dignity, and just keep on humiliating myself. Every time I see him, I go talk to him, I feel maybe this time he would show real interest.

I've barely written two stories since morning today, finding my eyes constantly going around in search of Steven. He looks sensual today in a blue full sleeved tee and black jeans and wearing his hair in a lose pony tail, instead of a familiar semi bun. Venkatesh has already scolded me once for being super late today, and asked if I'm having any problems. I know this is wrong, I shouldn't ruin my life – professional and personal, for someone whom I just like, but I haven't yet found a way to make my heart realize that.

By lunch time, I manage to write two stories and thanks to luck, one of them hits the top spot in Google News and Venkatesh cuts me some slack. I eat my lunch alone because Deepak goes out today too. After finishing off my lunch really fast, I take a small break and exit office. I sit on the stairs, leading to the terrace and put my earplugs on and turn on the music. Owing to my baffled and sad heart, I choose Ed Sheeran and listen to his songs.

The weather is extremely pleasant and complementing Sheeran's songs. Strangely, it instigates my senses so much that I find myself smiling. My hairs fall over my face and I tuck them behind my ears. This is such a peaceful moment and I forget everything that has consumed up my mind and heart lately. I close my eyes and lean my head against the wall behind, wanting to freeze the moment.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes and I see Sirin's number flashing. I stop the music and pick up her call at the fourth ring.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hey, what's up with you?" she asks, sounding really worried.

"Nothing, I'm fine. What about you?"

"I've got great news," her tone reflects glee.

"What?" I get excited.

"I gotta job in Delhi. It's a digital marketing company namely Credence and I'll be their social media executive."

I smile from ear to ear. "Wow, that's awesome. When is the joining date?" I ask, happiness erupting from every ounce of my entirety.

"1st August. I'm moving one week after though because I've to look for a place to stay."

"You're gonna stay in PG initially, right?"

"Yeah, but they're paying me 27k and after one month they'll increase it to 33k, so I'll most probably rent a 1bhk apartment."