Chapter 24 - Tell me about your family

Wonderful!

If I have to describe my relationship with Niall in one word then I would go with that. Everything, just everything how he makes me feel is all that I've always wanted for myself. He knows all the right things to say at the right moment, the right things to do to make me smile, and most of the times laugh, and every day with him is a new adventure.

I thank God for bringing him in my life, and for making me have his love!

I push the door of the office open and let myself out into the windy outside. It looks to pour buckets any moment, but I love the feeling very much. Making my way to the staircase, I wrap myself by my arms and close my eyes – sinking the cold breeze against my skin.

My phone buzzes into a song, and abruptly breaks my moment. Growling, I look at it to find my mother's number flashing on the screen.

"Hi mom," I smile.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asks, somewhat tensed.

I laugh. "What will happen to me now?"

"I don't know, you tell me. No call, no messages for the past 2 days. How am I supposed to not worry?"

I laugh harder. It's fair enough for her to be anxious, considering I'm very talkative and the biggest victim of my constant yaps is my poor mother. Now, not hearing from me for 2 whole days is a pretty big concern.

"I'm sorry, mom. Work kept me busy," I shrug, tucking an unruly strand of hair behind my ear.

She sighs. "How's office?"

"Good, good. How's dad?" I ask back.

"He is good too."

"Cool, any word on the new house?" I scratch the back of my head, remembering that my parents are planning to buy another house.

"No, baby. We're trying, but if it crosses our budget it won't be possible."

"Yeah," I sigh. "Let me know if I could be of any help."

"Sure," I can hear my mother smile in pride. "Anyway, what about Steven?"

My face immediately drops. "What about him?"

"Didn't you like him?"

I pause for split seconds. "I don't anymore."

"What happened, honey?" I can sense concern in her voice.

I sigh again. "Nothing, mom."

"C'mon, you can tell me."

"No, that's just it. Nothing really happened," I bite my lower lip, feeling bad for somewhat lying.

As known, it's hard to conceal a secret from your mothers – my mom too senses the lie in my voice. Or to say, close to it.

"Nadia, please don't tell me that you're going out with Liam?"

My eyes widen and I stifle a laugh. "Mom, he is just a very good friend of mine. And, if it makes you feel any better he has a girlfriend."

I hear my mother sigh. "Whatever, even if they break up I don't want you to indulge with him or his irritating cousin."

My heartbeats accelerate at the mention of Niall. "Why?" I dare to ask.

"Why?" she raises her voice an octave. "They're foreigners, Nadia. There isn't any future in these kinds of relationships. How is it going to culminate into something serious and long-term? He is eventually going to go back. Are you ready to give up your job and everything and follow him there? Your qualifications won't help you to get a job outside India, so are you ready to be a homemaker?"