A Rookie's Road // Marc Marquez (Requested)

Dedicated to Maverick15
Hope you like it! ^.^

___________

Many riders had made it to Moto3 last week, but it was surprising to see another female rider make it to Moto3 too.

Giulia was a 17 year old Italian girl and riding bikes had been her passionate hobby since she was 8 years old. But she had never imagined that she could become a Moto3 rider. She had come this far.

Her teammate was Maria Herrera who was another female rider in Moto3 and she had been her inspiration since a very long time.

"Giulia, are you ready for your first race?" Maria asked.

Apparently, Giulia had captured the 8th place in the qualification the last day but that wasn't a problem for her. It was a very good result for a rookie like her.

"I'm very excited." Giulia smiled.

Maria passed her a wide grin and gave her a nod. "Alright then. But I just want to tell you that on the track, we won't be friends. No one will be your friend. Everyone will be your rival therefore I'd suggest not to trust anyone. Not even me."

Giulia wanted to ask another question but Maria was called by someone therefore she had to leave. Giulia stood up and wore her cap, on which her number '17' was written. She walked out of her garage and strolled around for a long time until she was lost in a long and broad alleyway where she was surrounded by busses.

She growled and tried to find her way back but she heard someone talk to her so she turned around.

"You're the new Moto3 rider, right?" The boy wearing the orange and white leather, like hers, and the hat which had his number '93', smirked at her.

It took her awhile to realise that he was Marc Marquez, the MotoGP rider. But she didn't show any signs of surprise or shock towards him. She simply remained calm and grinned at him.

"Your name is Giulia." He walked towards her. "What a nice name you have. And may I introduce myself?" He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it.

She blushed bright red as she froze in her position, unable to even breathe.

"My name is Marc Marquez." He stated and Giulia could feel his warm breath against her hand.

Before she could say anything, a man shouted at Marc and told him to follow him, hence he had to leave. But before leaving he said one last thing to her. "I will be watching your race."

~

Giulia couldn't help but think about Marc all the time. When the race started, all she could think was about winning so that she could impress Marc.

She drove passionately, like she always did and her speed was the greatest amongst all the other riders.

Time was ticking away, the laps seemed to pass really quickly and when only 3 laps were left, Giulia felt as if she was worn out. Her speed started to fall and the other riders seemed to pass by her. She couldn't do it, thus she lost control over her bike which turned and crashed.

She closed her eyes because of embarrassment and slightly sobbed as help came towards her and the marshals got her up.

"Are you okay?" A man asked.

Giulia just nodded her head and told the man that she wanted to go to her garage.

~

She sat on a chair and cried. She couldn't stop crying. Her tears were bursting out of her eyes and her hands were shivering. Her team tried to calm her down but they realised they couldn't do anything.

Giulia regretted everything. She had been so excited for making it into Moto3 but she didn't know it would be this horrible.

"Giulia."

She looked up upon hearing that voice and saw Marc standing there with a concerned look.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He hurried towards her and quickly grabbed her hand. "I was so worried about you."

She gathered some courage and spoke up. "I'm fine from the outside but I'm broken from the inside. This was my first race. How can I ever make it to MotoGP if I can't even survive Moto3?"

Marc smiled nervously and caressed her cheek gently. "You can do it. All of the riders had ups and downs once in their life. You deserve to be in Moto3. You had the first position throughout the race."

Giulia's lips quivered and she hugged Marc tightly. "Thank you for making me believe in myself once again."

Marc was a bit shocked but he hugged her back and his grin turned into an affectionate smile.

"Giulia?" Marc sighed. "Do you want to go and grab some coffee tonight?"

"Only if you teach me how to control a bike." She replied.

"Okay, I promise." He chuckled.