A Smart Idea // Maverick Viñales (Requested)

Dedicated to GladerMarquez93
Hope you like it! Sorry if it's short ^.^'

_________________________

Christie sighed as she entered her new house with the buckets of paint. She always had to do her work alone and no one was ever there to help her, except for Maverick, who had been her best buddy for years.

However, Maverick was too busy because of his recent races and he had to practice literally all the time.

She flopped down on her new sofa and let out a sigh of relief before starting all the hard work. She placed the newspapers on the floor, took out a ladder, kept in against the wall and climbed it, carrying paint and a brush in one of her hands.

She was about to paint but just then she heard the door creak. She averted her gaze towards the entrance to find Maverick wearing his leather and his cap.

He generously smiled at her. "Do you need any help sweetie?"

"No. I just love struggling and working hard." She replied sarcastically. "I thought you didn't have any time. Why are you here?"

"I thought I might be of some use." He shrugged casually and walked towards the ladder.

She couldn't balance herself on the ladder but pretended as if she was stable. However, soon she lost all her balance and thus fell down from the ladders. She closed her eyes tightly, prepared to hit her head on the ground but instead she landed on something more softer.

Christie quickly opened her eyes and saw Maverick's face just a few inches away from hers.

"See? That's why I wanted to help you." He chuckled as he carried her towards the sofa where he dropped her and got on top of her.

"What are you doing?" She shrieked.

"Admiring your face." He stroked her cheek gently. "You are really beautiful, you know that?"

Christie could feel her heart beating loud and her face turned completely red.

But Maverick giggled and got off. "Your expressions are priceless."

She sat up straight and stared at him as he examined the house.

"This house is quite ugly. But I have a solution." Maverick took a bucket of paint and splattered it on the wall.

Meanwhile, Christie watched him do this in horror. "Maverick! What the hell?"

He ignored her and continued splattering the paint on the wall. When the bucket finished, he took another one to continue doing what he was doing.

"I insist you to stop." She approached him and grabbed his arm.

He smiled cheekily at her and shrugged his shoulders. "I was just making your work easier. Sometimes things are ought to be done in odd ways. I mean, who needs a paintbrush when you can splatter the paint? That way, it's more easier and more fun."

She thought about it and couldn't help but agree on his words. Not everything has to be done in a formal manner.

Thus, Christie grabbed another bucket of paint and splashed it on the wall.

~

By the evening, they both were done painting the house and Christie thanked Maverick for such a smart idea.

"I still can't believe it though," She grinned, "you ditched your training just to help me paint my house."

"Neither can I." He said with a little hesitation. "There's a reason behind why I came to help you." His face slightly turned red.

Christie saw his colour change and she knew that whatever he had to say must be something embarrassing. She was all ears and couldn't wait to hear him speak.

"I didn't come here to help you. I came to tell you how much I love you." Maverick said this in one breath and Christie was shocked. She couldn't speak for a one whole minute and Maverick took the advantage by kissing her.

He felt her soft lips which he had been longing for and her slight moan turned him on. She could feel him smirk against her lips but it wasn't long before he pulled back.

"Christie-"

"Since how long have you been hiding these feelings from me?" She asked before he could complete his sentence.

"Since forever." He sighed hopelessly and looked down since he knew she wouldn't accept him.

"That's surprising. Because now that I think about it, I can't actually have a better boyfriend than you." She smirked.

That's when he looked up into her blue gorgeous eyes. He had the most biggest smile playing on his lips as he threw his arms around her.

"I promise I will never let you down Christie." He gently caressed her cheek.