Pinky Promise // Alex Marquez (Requested)

Dedicated to GladerMarquez93
Hope you like it!

______________________

"I am tired of you speaking to me like that!" Christie heard her mom scream inside the house.

"What is wrong with you woman? Why can't you ever get your act straight?" Her father shouted.

Christie let a few more tears roll down her eyes, as she sat in the sand box of her backyard. She was six years old but she was deprived of all the parental love because her parents were always busy fighting with each other.

"Get out of my house you bitch!" Her father roared even more.

Christie covered her ears with her her tiny, delicate hands and shut her eyes.

"Christie?" A gentle voice came from the other side of the fence. It sounded like a sweet, angelic bird who was trying to make her run away from all the hectic situation which was going on inside.

She looked up and spotted her neighbour, Alex, on the other side of the fence. Her feet led her towards him and she hugged him without even thinking what she was doing.

"I am so scared." Christie sobbed as more tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Don't worry, come to my yard." He gently rubbed her back and she pulled back as she jumped over the fence and stepped in the Marquez property.

The two youngsters walked towards the bench and sat on it, holding each others hand.

"My mommy and daddy are always fighting." She cried. "They don't even know that I am there."

"It is okay." He wrapped his arms around her. "I will protect you Christie. When you grow up, I will make sure we two never fight. We will live together and we will love each other, unlike your parents."

"Is that a promise?" She held her little pinky finger out. "A pinky promise?"

Alex smiled and locked his pinky finger with hers. "Yes, it is a pinky promise."

~

Christie chuckled a little as she recalled that moment of her life, and it seemed surprising to her that she still remembered it.

She was signing some documents until there was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal the person who was standing there.

"Hey Christie!" Alex exclaimed in a cheerful manner as he walked in with two cups of coffee. "I got you a coffee and a doughnut."

"Oh hey Alex, thanks. Come and sit." She gestured him to sit on the couch which was kept on the other side of her working desk.

He handed her the coffee and the doughnut and sat on the couch before peacefully sipping his delicious beverage. The tantalising aroma of the coffee spread throughout the room and Christie felt that she really needed something to eat and drink.

Thus she left her paperwork, took off her glasses and sat beside Alex with her snacks.

"I can't believe that you've become a professional lawyer." Alex chuckled nervously.

"Well, I had to do something. It was because of your support that I am here, on this position, right now. Otherwise, my parents would've never helped me." She sighed as she took a bite of her doughnut.

He shrugged his shoulders and peered into her face. "Not really."

"Yes, really. Remember that one time," Christie's cheeks turned rosy as she once again recalled that moment; "you told me that you will protect me? You said that we will never fight-"

"And that we will live together and love each other." Alex completed the whole statement with his eyes widened.

Christie laughed shyly and looked away in embarrassment to avoid any eye contact with him, but he held her chin with his thumb and his forefinger and lifted her face so that she looked at him. Her blue eyes were like an ocean for him. They always had been, and he always loved her eyes. He had been crazy for them since childhood.

"I meant each and every word when I had said that." Alex remarked as his cheeks turned red.

He moved forward and pushed his lips onto hers. He embraced her tightly, holding her against his body. His tongue asked for entrance and her lips gave way. Their tongues swirled and played around, making the moment more magical for both of them. It was the most passionate kiss ever and they pulled back, hesitantly.

Alex looked into his pockets for something special. He took out a box and bent down on his knee.

"Christie, please marry me?" He asked in an awkward manner as he opened the box to reveal a diamond ring.

She turned as red as a tomato and nodded her head without any fear. "I will."

He smiled, slid the ring into her finger and pulled her in for another, amazing kiss. Truly, Alex was the follower of his words, and he had proved what he had said to Christie when they were only six years of age.