The Unforgettable Party // Dani Pedrosa (Requested)

Dedicated to StephanieMessi
Hope you like it! :D

____________________

"Why are we even here?" Dani looked at Marc, not quite enjoying the party. Dani was never an outgoing person and socialising hadn't quite been his thing.

Marc laughed at him. "Relax Dani. Sometimes you have to loosen up."

They walked around the huge mansion, searching for Valentino and Jorge until Dani spotted a girl sitting next to the pool on a chair. She was reading a book, not caring about what others would think of it.

He stared at her for some time, finding her an object of interest but Marc whistled when he saw Dani staring at her.

"You seem to like her." He winked his eye.

But Dani shook his head in denial and sighed. "Where are the other two freaks?"

"Oi Marc!" Valentino shouted and the two guys turned around to find him standing with Jorge.

"Vale! What a party!" Marc grinned.

"It's boring." Dani commented.

But Valentino didn't mind Dani's comment. In fact, he laughed because all of them knew that Dani was like that.

"Vale, who is that girl sitting beside the pool?" Marc whispered, pointing out at the girl at who his friend had been looking at just few moments ago.

Valentino fixed his eyes on her and tried to recognise her. Upon realising who she was, he smiled. "That is my brother's friend. She studied with him. They used to be close friends but now they're just each other's acquaintance."

"What's her name?" Marc asked quickly.

"Stephanie. Do you want me to introduce you to her?" He added.

"No, not me but Dani might need that introduction with her." Marc looked at Dani who yawned in boredom.

Valentino nodded and grabbed Dani's arm. He dragged Dani with him outside to the pool area.

"What are you doing?" Dani asked furiously.

He received no answer from him. Instead Valentino looked over at the girl and shouted. "Hey Stephanie!"

She looked up at him and closed her book. "Oh hey Vale!"

"Could you give some company to my friend here? He's not happy when he's in the crowd." Valentino pushed Dani forward.

Stephanie smiled and nodded her head as the satisfied Valentino left the two alone.

"What's your name?" She asked as Dani came and sat beside her.

"Dani. Dani Pedrosa." He replied.

"Oh, so you're Dani Pedrosa! I've heard Vale speak about you quite often." She smirked.

Dani looked at the pool, into that blue water as he thought of what to say. "So, you were reading a book. Which book was that?"

She picked up her book and showed it to him. "I'm reading 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. It's a classic but I really love it."

Dani was surprised. He had completed that book just a day before and he couldn't believe it that she liked the same book as him.

"It's a wonderful book. It contains many life lessons." He smiled.

"Yes." She sighed. "And I think you could relate to it."

He looked at her and arched his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Stephanie stood and walked around the pool "I saw you when you were walking around the house with your friend. You weren't socialising with anyone and you tried to avoid many people. Don't you think you acted a bit like Mr Darcy from the book?"

Dani was in awe. "Don't you think you're being a little prejudice against me?"

She chuckled softly. "No. I don't have any prejudice feelings against you. I'm just stating the obvious."

He stood up and walked towards her. "I don't like socialising."

"Why not?"

"Because people are too mean."

"Then why not try to get to know them?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"I should be the one asking you all of this. Why were you sitting here alone rather than going in there and trying to talk to the people?"

Stephanie was speechless. She looked down and sighed deeply. "I was trying to avoid Valentino's brother."

"Why?"

"Because he broke my heart." She sobbed. "But I care too little about him anymore. I'd rather be with a person who cares about me."

Dani felt his heart beating for her. He was already starting to like Stephanie. He held her chin between his thumb and his forefinger and she raised her face to look into his wonderful eyes.

He moved forward and pressed his lips against hers. It was a short kiss but it was enough to tell her that he liked her.

"I care about you." Dani stroked her cheek with his large warm hand.

"I don't know what to say." Stephanie let out a nervous chuckle.

"Well then I'll say it. Stephanie, do you wanna meet up some time and read 'Pride and Prejudice' together?" Dani bit his lower lip as he waited for her reply.

"That would be great." She replied cheerfully.

The two looked into each other's eyes, lost completely and utterly speechless until they heard some people whistling. They looked at the door where they found Marc, Jorge and Valentino.

"Congratulations Dani!" Marc shouted. "May you two be together for eternity."

"Yeah! Congratulations brother!" Vale and Jorge laughed.

"Thank you, idiots." Dani scoffed at them and held Stephanie closer to him.