Piano Teacher // Niccolò Antonelli (Requested)

Dedicated to severetyphoonmiracle
Hope you like it!

___________________________

The dinner table was as quiet as always and the three household members sat around it with utmost silence. Louisa silently munched on her vegetables, her mother drank a glass of water and her father read a newspaper. However, the silence was broken by her father.

"Niccolò Antonelli." Louisa's father looked at her mother. "He is the youngster who has moved in the house next door."

Louisa stopped munching and swallowed her food before standing up and taking her plate towards the sink. In reality, she was trying to hide her blushing face.

"He never gets out of his house, nor have I ever seen him interacting with his neighbours. Such a selfish boy." Her mother scoffed. "Look at our Louisa. She's seventeen years old, yet she's a gem. She socialises with everyone and treats everyone with kindness."

"Why are you even comparing our daughter to him, woman?" Her father commented. "Anyhow, let me have some time alone with my newspaper."

Louisa cleaned the plate and left it to dry on the counter before she tiptoed towards the stairs which led to her room. She had secretly kept a fact hidden. Through her room's window, she could see the youngster every night who lived next door. He would play his piano, and sometimes when she was lucky enough, she could even hear the melodic tunes he played. At times, he would catch her staring at him through the window, but she would hastily turn off the lights so that he couldn't see her. He was a fascination for her. His looks mesmerised her and his emotions were too valuable. For days she wanted to find out his name, and now she finally knew it.

She walked into her room and shut the door as she gazed through the window to find Niccolò. There he was, sitting on his pianoforte, playing his melodic tunes. His window was slightly parted and she could clearly see the smile on his face. Suddenly, he stopped playing and averted her gaze towards his window to spot Louisa.

"I know you have been watching me for days." He loudly said. "What's your name?"

She was way too stunned to utter a word. Her lips quivered and her throat turned dry as she forced the words to come out of her mouth. "I'm Louisa."

"I'm Niccolò." He smiled and came closer to the window.

"I like your music." She said.

"Oh thank you. I write them all by myself. You could come and I could play the new ones-"

"I can't." She replied. "I'm not allowed to leave my house after dinner."

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I am seventeen."

He thought for a while and sighed deeply as an idea popped into his mind. "Wait right there. I'm coming down."

She was confused what he was going to do, but she waited. He disappeared from his window and soon arrived downstairs on the garden. He looked up at her window with a large smirk. "Jump. I'll catch you."

"Are you serious?" She squealed.

"Come on, do it. It's alright to be a rebel sometimes." He chuckled.

Putting all her trust into him, she leaped out of her window and jumped down with her eyes tightly shut. She landed softly into his arms, but she didn't let go of him.

"You're safe now." He whispered and she immediately opened her eyes before jumping off of his arms.

He led her to his house and she was more than astonished to explore it. It was the most elegant house she had seen, even if it was the same size as her house. The furniture seemed to be imported from Europe, the walls were covered with fresh paint and new wallpaper, a huge shelf lied next to the entrance which contained numerous of trophies which, in turn, contained Niccolò's name.

"Are you like a high achiever at your university or something?" She said, examining the trophies and the medals.

He laughed before joining her. "I'm a Moto3 rider."

"A professional motorcyclist?" She gasped as she rose to look at him with her widened eyes.

"Yes." He turned around to head for the stairs. "Come on now, I've got to play that piano for you."

She followed him upstairs to the music room which was a large, tidy room with a pianoforte, a violen, a few guitars and a drum set. He advanced towards the pianoforte and touched the keys to play his own beautifully written song, which seemed to instantly touch Louisa's heart and she sat in front of the piano to focus on him. He was lost in his own world of music, which was too far away to be reached. Each key he struck brought a new melodic spirit and Louisa loved how he did that.

"Can you teach me how to play?" She interrupted as she joined him.

He stopped, a bit annoyed but looked up at her with a smile. "Sure, place your fingers here and then-"

He continued teaching her and she followed his instructions carefully. She loved each and every moment of playing the piano. A hour passed, two hours passed, then passed three hours but they did not stop. Their souls, their feelings and their minds were trapped in another spiritual world. He held her hand as she poked each key and his hand guided her hand's movement. She enjoyed it, until she looked out of the window and saw her house.

"It's late." She gasped and pulled back. "I have to go."

"Wait, Louisa-"

She ran down the stairs and was about to leave the house, until her arm was grabbed by Niccolò. "I'll come and get you at the same time tomorrow and we can play the piano again."

She momentarily paused but gave him a reassuring smile with a nod.

~

Days passed, a week passed and their bond had strengthened. Each night, Niccolò would come and get Louisa, who would impatiently wait for him on her window. Playing the piano was an ecstasy for her, and watching her play it was a pleasure for him.

"Niccolò, how did you learn to play the piano? You are a professional motorcyclist and that is a completely different thing." She said as she slowly stopped playing.

"Well, my father taught me and from that moment, I could never stop playing the piano." He sat beside her.

She grinned. "That is wonderful."

"Yes." He reddened. "And you are wonderful too."

"What?" She said in an utter shock.

"You heard me. You are wonderful. And beautiful." He cupped her cheek with his warm hand, gently stroking it.

"Niccolò-" she paused. "I like you a lot. I like you way too much but my parents would never allow-"

"Not if I could convince them." He smirked and pulled her close. "I love you."

He kissed her without warning. It was a soft, innocent kiss which was full of joy and it was the only thing which seemed better than playing a piano. The happiness it gave was immense and incomparable. He slowly pulled back and stared into her deep eyes before joining his forehead with hers and holding her face between his hands.

"I love you too, my piano teacher." She trembled but smiled widely.