Happy Mistakes // Maverick Viñales (Requested)

Dedicated to IvanaDragneel
Hope you like it!

_______________________

Ivana threw the magazine which had the cover of Maverick and another model, yet again. She had been with Maverick for four years, but she could never control her anger when she saw her man with another woman.

He would always say; "Let it go, Ivana. You're the only girl I love. And these things are common. All the MotoGP riders have to pose with-"

"With half naked women?" Ivana would always say.

She sighed deeply, her eyes swelled up with tears and they clearly turned red as she pushed those tears back. Ivana took her bag and her car keys before leaving her shared apartment that Maverick had purchased not long ago, but upon leaving, she found him at the door in a pitiable state.

"Baby, where are you going?" He slurred.

"Fuck off Maverick." She pushed him but he grabbed her instead. "Let me go!"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." He moved his head forward, and she could sense that he had drank too much.

"Look at you. You are clearly cheating on me with one of your model bitches. Why are you doing this? Is my love for you too insufficient?"

"I see." He eased his grip on her and let her go. "It's about the front cover of that magazine."

"It's not just that." Ivana furiously stormed back into the apartment, grabbed the magazine and held it high enough so that he could see it. "What is this? Why are you touching her? Why are you holding her leg? Why are you so fucking close to her?"

He laughed. "Oh baby, the watch was more visible that way."

She couldn't believe it. He still had the audacity to laugh, while she was being serious. She tore the magazine into pieces and rushed out of the house.

"I'm getting out of here. You have changed Maverick. You are no longer the person I loved. We are done." The stream of tears dripped down her eyes as she ran as fast as she could with her luggage.

She darted for the car and drove quickly with her blurry vision which was caused by the tears. If he wasn't serious about her, she had to let him go and that was a fact. When she arrived at her family's house, without uttering a word, her legs led her to the old bedroom where all the memories of her and Maverick remained. He would sneak into that room through her window at night and they would stay up at night talking to each other. That was before he was famous. That was before the modelling agencies recognised him as an established MotoGP rider. That was when he needed her support as he struggled in the races and walked towards the path of success.

"Ivana! What is wrong?" The door was knocked by her mother but she remained unaffected by those words.

Instead, she screamed as loudly as she could and threw all the picture frames that were placed on top of her study table. These were the pictures of her and Maverick. Her tears were uncontrollable, and slowly her vision darkened before the whole world around her faded and she was knocked unconscious.

~

"She left me." Maverick shivered as he sat on the floor of his apartment. "Ivana left me."

There was silence. Ivana's laugh was missing and her cheerful words were no longer heard by him. He was devastated. He pulled out his phone to stare at her pictures, but just then his phone started ringing. It was Ivana's mother.

"Maverick!" She said as he picked up the call. "Ivana's unconscious! We took her to the nearest hospital. You have to come!"

Maverick stood up instantly and ran downstairs. He drove to the hospital in no time, and once he was there, he asked a nurse about Ivana and she led him to the emergency room, where her parents were praying and crying.

"Maverick, you're here!" Her mother cried.

"What happened to Ivana?" He panted.

"Her heartbeat dropped and she couldn't breathe properly. What happened between you two?" Her dad asked.

"It's all my fault." Maverick shouted.

The doors of the emergency room opened and the doctor came out. "Ivana is stable now and she's asking for someone named Maverick."

Without warning, Maverick pushed the doors and rushed into the emergency room to see her beloved lying on the bed in the most weakened condition. It pained him, and he blamed himself for he was guilty. Slowly, he walked towards her, and her eyes were lit brightly upon seeing him but she couldn't smile.

"I have always loved you. But you broke my trust." She whispered weakly.

"No I haven't. I still love you the way I used to, Ivana." He caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead. "In fact, I promise I won't even look at another woman ever."

She smiled painfully. "How should I know you'll stick to that promise?"

"Because." He paused, put his hand into his coat and pulled out a small black box. He opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. "I want to marry you. Will you marry me, Ivana?"

Tears streamed down her face, but these tears were of happiness. She nodded her head before faintly whispering the word "Yes."

He smiled brightly and slid the finger onto her finger before hugging her. "I swear, I will never hurt you again. I will love you forever."