Graduation Ceremony // Marc Marquez (Requested)

Dedicated to MrsMarquez93
Hope you like it.

_______________________

Angela sat next to her best friend, Marketa with a huge smile stuck on her face. Today was the day that she had been waiting for since such a long time. She had always dreamed of wearing a black gown and a black hat. Yes, it was her graduation ceremony and she had invited her boyfriend Marc to come and watch her receive the degree.

But she was anxious at the same time as she thought that he wouldn't show up.

"Marketa, I'm scared." She whispered. "What if he doesn't come?"

Marketa smiled and patted her shoulder. "Relax, he's gonna come because he loves you and he can't miss this since he knows how much this means to you."

Angela grinned confidently upon listening to Marketas words. She would look around again and again, searching for Marc but he was to be found nowhere. As the time ticked away, she felt more and more depressed.

She took out her phone and called him but he didn't pick up. Her heart was drowning and her throat ached as she tried to control her tears.

The names were being called out one by one as the students would go up on the stage, receive their degrees and smile for the camera then wave at their loved ones who were there to support them. But Angela feared that no one was there to support her.

"Angela Zebi." The headmaster called out. She stood up and made her way towards the stage.

The headmaster handed her the degree, shook hands with her and whispered, "congratulations Angela."

She smiled and thanked him then without wasting much of her time, left the stage and sat next to Marketa again.

"He isn't here." She said sulkily.

Marketa hugged her best friend and assured her that she was still there for her. However, Angela felt gutted and she was so grievous that she could scream at that moment.

The graduation ceremony came to end soon as the students threw their hats up in the air and hugged each other but Angela avoided everyone and left the building. She took of her gown and sat on a bench with tears streaming down her face.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing and she was surprised to see that it was Marc. She answered the phone call. "Hello?"

"Look at your left side, babe." He spoke in a very affectionate manner and she eagerly did so.

She let out a scream upon seeing him there, followed by a huge group of people who were carrying balloons and banners with the words 'congratulations.' He himself was carrying a cake for her and was dressed in a graduation gown.

"You looked stunning on the stage. But why did you leave so quickly? I could only take two pictures of you." Marc grinned.

"You idiot," she wiped her tears, "I thought you didn't show up. I was so depressed. I had no one to cheer for me."

"Did you think that I would miss your graduation ceremony? Anyway I tried to give you a party but I was running late on my way here so I just got my team to help me out." He looked at the people who were gathered behind him with a thankful smile on his face.

He made his way towards her and kept the cake on the bench next to her. She was surprised to see such a wonderful cake and her eyes gleamed as she stared at him.

"Come on now," he grabbed her hand and gave her a small knife, "cut the cake. I baked it for you."

Her heart was beating loudly as she did so and Marc's team applauded loudly, chanting the words "congratulations Angela."

~

"That was a wonderful surprise Marc." Angela exclaimed as they got out of the car. She opened the door of her house and walked in but her arm was grabbed by Marc.

"There's more." He smirked and picked her up in his arms. He carried her to her room and dropped her on the bed. "Will you spend the next few months with me in Spain?"

She could feel her heart thundering inside of her, trying to find an escape as she replied to him in a squeaky voice. "I would love to."

He blushed with happiness and buried his head into her neck, as she giggled and hugged him tightly.