Starry Night // Marc Marquez (Requested)

Dedicated to ryrynew
Hope you like it!

______________________

Dewi sighed as she watched all her friends getting drunk. One by one, each of them got intoxicated and would succumb to the ecstasy provided by the alcohol. Everyone, except for her, was high. She knew it was not a good idea to attend a high school party, considering the fact that she talked too little, but her friend had forced her to join, and now that friend was lost while Dewi sipped on her glass of water with all the vices present around her.

"Dewi Yuniarti?" She heard a voice, which forced her to turn around.

"Jacob?" She smiled at the man who had not only just uttered her name, but he was also the most popular guy of her school.

"Man, you look so hot tonight." He stroked her long brown hair but she moved away.

"Uhm- Tha-" her voice was trapped inside of her and she couldn't even manage to utter a single word. She never got used to the experience of being around guys and this made her an amateur when it came to dealing with guys.

He grabbed her hand and forcefully dragged her up the stairs. "Come on, it's my party. We're gonna have some fun."

She tried hard to make him let go of her but she failed miserably and tried to scream. However, the music was too loud and everyone was too busy to notice her. Jacob pushed her into a room and threw her onto a bed before sliding on top of her.

"Please don't." She cried as he inched closer. She grabbed the bed sheet and shut her eyes tightly, accepting her fate.

But nothing was felt by her. She remained in that position for the next few seconds and when she opened her eyes, she saw Jacob being beaten by a young, handsome man who was not only charming but also caring. Once he had dealt with Jacob, who had passed out after taking several punches from him, the young man walked towards Dewi and stared at her.

"You're not going to stay in that position the whole night, are you?" He laughed.

"Of course not!" Embarrassed, she got up.

"Come, let's go outside." He walked out of the room and then down the stairs. Dewi followed him eagerly as he marched out of the noisy house and sighed with relief. "That was not a good party."

"I swear it wasn't." She stood beside him. "Who are you? You don't go to my school."

The man laughed. "Yeah I don't, but my brother's friend goes there and he invited my brother, Alex, and me to the party. It wouldn't look good if not one of us came, so I decided to attend the party instead of Alex, who had to try out his new bike."

"Oh." She crossed her arms across her chest. "I'm Dewi, by the way. And thanks for saving me back there."

"Not a problem. I'm Marc Marquez." He smiled genuinely as he brought his hand forward to be shaken.

But Dewi was too awestricken to do anything. Her friend had always raved about the infamous MotoGP rider, Marc Marquez and his brother who was a rider in Moto2, Alex Marquez, and this was the first time she was seeing him. It made sense that he had mentioned his brother and the bike, because a MotoGP rider was always interested when it came to bikes.

"Are you 'The' Marc Marquez?" She asked.

"I guess. I mean if you're talking about the MotoGP rider, that is me." He chuckled.

Just then, Dewi's stomach grumbled as she was starving, and her face turned crimson while she became mortified. But Marc smirked kindly and grabbed her hand.

"You're hungry. Let's get you McDonald's." He walked briskly down the street.

She couldn't even say anything due to the shock and the mortification, and considering the fact that McDonald's wasn't that far, she couldn't deny his request. Therefore, the two walked down the street, talking about random things and all the awkwardness vanished between the two. They were more open towards each other than before and Marc wouldn't mind letting out a joke once in a while and Dewi wouldn't mind laughing.

"And we are here." Marc stood in front of the takeaway counter but the instant realisation of how he was still holding Dewi's hand made him turn red. "I'm so sorry!"

He instantly pulled away his hand. Even Dewi realised this and she blushed. "It's alright."

"Welcome to McDonald's. What would you like, sir?" The woman on the counter window asked.

"We'll have two large meals of Big Mac. Right Dewi?"

"Yeah, definitely. And nine nuggets."

"You heard her. Add nine nuggets too." Marc chuckled.

The woman smiled and noted down the order on the register. "You two are so cute together. How long have you been dating for?"

"We aren't dating!" They said in a unison.

The woman was shocked but she just giggled and handed Marc the receipt. Marc sat on the bench and Dewi joined him, and the two stared at the sky for the next few minutes.

"It's so beautiful tonight. Look at all the stars." Dewi pointed out.

"You know what's more beautiful?" He turned red once again. "You are."

"What?" She averted her gaze towards him. "Are you- I mean do you-"

"I'm serious."

Dewi was never told she looked beautiful in such a sincere manner. This made her feel agitated, but she still looked at him.

"You are handsome too." She complimented him back with a bad choice of words and he smirked. "And I'd like to know you more, Marquez."

"I'd like that too. Have my number, I'll call you tomorrow for my free practice and you can join me. Then we can like go for a date. Would you like that?"

"I would." She instantly looked away.

"Gosh, you are beautiful." He laughed.

"Sir, your order is ready!" The woman on the takeaway window handed out the order and Marc stood up to take it from her.

Dewi and Marc spent the night staring at the stars, eating their Big Macs and talking about their possible future. They were already starting to accept the fact that they had feelings for each other, and that made the two of them quite content and joyful. After all, it was a love at first sight.