The Face He Loved // Alex Marquez (Requested)

Dedicated to tvxuncookie
Hope you like it!

_________________________

The whole Marquez family sat around the bonfire, including Alex who just couldn't concentrate at what the others were saying. He kept staring at the fire which burnt so bright that it would captivate anyone who'd stared at it for too long.

"Hey Alex!" Marc snapped, catching Alex's attention. "Why so lost?"

"Lost? What are you talking about?" He laughed nervously.

"I know who you're thinking about." Marc stood up and walked towards the forest, and Alex followed him. "It's Lara isn't it? Your new teammate?"

"How did you know?" He replied, a bit shocked.

"I can tell. And do you know she is here?"

"What are you saying?" Alex turned red.

"I saw her near the lake when we drove into this forest. She was cycling around and she seemed much focused on it. Let's go and check if she's still there." Marc's walking pace increased and Alex realised he had to catch up with him.

The two hurriedly continued their way into the forest so that they could reach the other end of it, where the serene lake lied. Alex was nervous, yet he longed to see her again. A flashback ran into his head of when she had walked into the garage with a witty smile and a lot of make up. Her unique grey eyes seemed to hypnotise him and he would have asked her out, but when he found out that she was his teammate, he instantly became shy. Whenever she would try to start a conversation with him, he would stand up and leave as if he disliked her, when in reality he admired her. All he could think about was her as they sauntered closer to the lake which they could now see.

Marc scanned the area and finally found the long brunette haired girl reading a book. He pointed at her and Alex turned even more red. "Go to her!" He pushed him.

Alex could feel his legs shaking but he did walk up to her. When he was close enough, he looked back at Marc who gave him a nod, and he cleared his throat to speak. "Lara, hi!"

She turned around with a wide smile and upon seeing him, her eyes brightened. "Alex! Hey. Fancy seeing you here."

"Likewise. I came here with my family and we were just camping in the forest. I decided to explore the place, and then I found you." He said in his shaky voice.

"That's nice." She replied before sitting down on the nearby bench. "I come here everyday. This place is like the only one where I can get some peace."

He sat next to her. "It is quite peaceful."

The clouds above them clashed and there was a loud thunder emitted. Lightening could also be seen, and a few raindrops were felt by Alex as they touched his skin. He smiled as the raindrops came pouring down, but Lara felt mortified and she did everything in order to cover her face. He looked over at her as the rain increased and was surprised at how much she hated the rain.

"Alex-" she paused and shrieked.

"What happened Lara?" He concernedly said and held her arm.

"My makeup is going to be ruined-" she sighed "and you won't like me without my makeup."

That was when he realised she was insecure. He stood up and held her arm tightly before making a run into the forest. He could see an old abandoned shack, therefore he pushed Lara into it and joined her.

"Lara." Alex pinned her against the wall. "You are beautiful. Come on, let me see your face."

She was covering her face, but when he said that, she slowly let go of her hand, revealing her face. "See? I'm not."

Even though her lipstick was smudged, and her mascara was slightly dripping, she still looked beautiful to Alex. He removed her remaining lipstick with his thumb and wiped away the mascara to reveal her natural face which delighted him. This was the face he loved.

"Embrace yourself, Lara." He said under his breath. "God, you are perfect."

She was stunned at his words and for a moment she wanted to remain in the same position. But she knew she had to move. Thus, she slowly creeped out of his hold and giggled.

"Thank you Alex." She smiled widely. "I will see you tomorrow for the qualifying race."

With that, she trotted away while he watched her, hypnotised by her. He was madly in love with her.

~

It was the day of the qualifying race, but Alex was more worried about confessing his feelings towards Lara in front of her.

"Marc, you have to help me." He shivered as Marc pushed him towards his garage.

"Oh look, she's right there. Hey Lara!" Marc waved at her, while Alex's heart sank who was barely prepared. "Alex wants to talk to you." And with that, Marc left.

"Hello Alex." Lara smiled. "I'm wearing the minimum amount of makeup today, because of what you said."

Alex grinned. "I'm glad I could make a difference. By the way, did I tell you that you are like the most beautiful girl I have ever seen?"

Both of them turned red. Alex, because he had complimented her without stuttering and Lara, because she had received such a genuine compliment.

"And like-" he paused "Can I- I mean I would really like to-"

He didn't know how to get the next words out, but Lara knew exactly what he wanted to say. She grabbed his face and held it between both of her hands before inching forward and pushing her lips onto his. She kissed him softly, but he returned the kiss passionately. This was what he wanted and he didn't have to make a move for it. She herself made the move, which satisfied him. It was a perfect kiss, because it had exceeded his expectation.

Lara pulled back and hugged him as he wrapped his arms around her. "I love you Marquez."

"Lara!" He chuckled. "I love you too! And I didn't know how to say this but I have had a crush on you ever since you joined my team."

"I guessed that much." She looked into his bright eyes before kissing his cheek.