fourteen

"Go off, sis! Oh yes, the blue one is definitely better."

"Really? You actually think so?"

I watch as Kirstie sways from side to side, looking at herself in the mirror as the dress flows around her body. Shopping is probably my favourite thing to do, and having a girl friend to shop with just makes it even better.

"I mean... Jeremy likes it when I wear blue but I really like the red one.."

"Then get both, girl!"

Kirstie smiles widely, hopping back onto the dressing room area and closing the curtain. She has a date with Jeremy tonight and she's picking out dresses. Her figure is so beautiful, like I'm physically jealous of it. If I was straight, I'd be on that like a dog on heat. But I'm not, and right now, I kinda wish I was.

This whole situation with Scott is driving me crazy. I can't even be in the same room as him without thinking inappropriate thoughts, and it's getting out of hand. Like he picks up the TV remote, I picture his hand around something different. He drinks out of a bottle, I imagine his lips around something else. Jeez, all he has to do is pout and I can't help but picture his lips all over me. I'm frickin crazy!

The curtain slides open slowly as Kirstie picks up her bags, walking out towards me with both of the dresses in her hand.

"I'm getting both," she smiles, walking up towards the desk, "one for Jeremy and one because... Well, I think I look cute today and that's an achievement. So I'm treating myself."

I laugh, placing my hand on her shoulder as she pulls out her card, "you don't need an excuse to buy a dress like that, Kirst. If you didn't decide to buy it then I would have, 100%."

"Seriously? Why?"

"You look like a frickin fairy princess in that shit! You can't miss out on an opportunity like that!"

She laughs, taking her card and picking up the bags as we turn to exit the shop, "I can't say you're wrong, Mitchy. You ready for Starbucks?"

I smile, throwing my arm over her shoulders, "always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how are things in your new apartment?"

I take a sip of coffee, rolling my eyes slightly, "oh, much better. Scott's always there so I haven't experienced being completely alone yet, but I mean, that's fine."

"Oh you were sick weren't you?"

I nod as we walk down the sidewalk towards the university, "yeah, food poisoning I think, he stayed with me anyway which was sweet."

"That's strange..." Kirstie frowns with a smirk on her face, "Scott usually runs a mile when someone's sick, he's never looked after anyone that I know of.."

"Really? That is strange.."

Kirstie giggles slightly, linking arms with me and pulling her coffee near her chest. It's cold outside.

"Can I ask you something, Mitchy?"

"Of course, Kit."

I look down at the sidewalk as Kirstie pulls her jacket further around her body, "has Scotty made a move on you or anything?"

My eyes widen as I struggle not to spit my coffee out, "what? No! He's straight, Kirst," I laugh awkwardly, wiping the corners of my mouth, "don't be silly."

"He's straight?" She almost shouts, gripping onto hand, "oh my... I always thought he was gay.."

"You did? God, I'm glad I wasn't the only one."