twenty three

This chapter's not very nice :(

A lot of swearing and slight homophobia is mentioned, sorry :(

But yeah.. Here you go!

My head is banging. Every single morning after drinking, I regret drinking at all. I knew I shouldn't have had that final drink last night, but Kirstie's mom offered it me and I felt like I couldn't say no. She's sweet as heck, I had to drink it. At least, that's what I'm telling myself right now, while my head is throbbing and the room is spinning. Just gonna keep blaming it on Kirstie's mom, it was absolutely nothing to do with me. Nope.

If you're wondering, I didn't kiss Scott last night. He was drunk, like I thought, and a couple hours later when he's sobered up, he apologised for saying anything.

Not like I care.

I look over to my left at the sleeping boy next to me. Lying on his stomach with his arms above his head, facing me as he breathes slowly. The white sheets cover half of his back, one leg sprawling out from beneath them. I scoot a little bit closer towards him, rolling onto my side to face him.

His eyes slowly flutter open and a smile crawls onto his face, as he slides his arm down from the pillow and throws it over my upper body, pulling me against him.

"Good morning.." He breathes, his voice grumbly and quiet.

"It's afternoon actually.." I giggle, tapping the tip of Scott's nose with my index finger.

"Really? Shit, we better get up.."

Scott rolls over onto his back, closing his eyes as he stretches his arms out above his head.

"I think I'm gonna head to the gym," I yawn, climbing out of bed, "need to let off some steam.."

"Uh, yeah.. Mitch?"

I groan in response as Scott walks over to me, standing beside me in front of the mirror. I pick up my gym card, sliding it into the pocket of my shorts.

"I'm sorry about last night.." He says quietly, scratching the back of his head, "about... What I said.. Um-"

"No it's okay," I smile, stepping into my trainers, "you said last night that you didn't mean it. Everyone says stuff like that when they're drunk, Scotty."

"No, I-" Scott laughs, sorting his hair in the mirror, "that's the thing, I think I did mean it.. I don't know, I mean, I-"

"Are you saying you want to kiss me?" I say sarcastically, raising a brow.

"No- yes.. Yes, I mean.. No but.. I do but I'm just... Yes. Yes.."

"That's cute.." I reply quietly, smiling smugly at the red faced boy's reflection.

"I'm sure the time will come if it's going to.. Right?"

He wants to kiss me. I'm in there, bitches. But I wouldn't be Mitch Grassi if I didn't play hard to get, sorry 'bout it.

"Hm, maybe," I run my tongue across my front teeth, pulling my gym top over my head, "you have to be pretty damn special to get a kiss from me.."

"Oh really?" Scott smiles, turning his head to look at me.

I giggle, turning away from him but immediately being pulled back, as one hand snakes around my waist and the other rests on my cheek. I look up at Scott as his eyes drop down to my lips, his breathing shallow as his fingers stroke my cheek.

"Am I special enough?" He breathes, moving closer to me and tilting his head.

I feel his breath on my lips as his eyes flutter shut. I reach up, placing my hand on the back of his neck and pulling him towards me.