Kids (Day 6)

[Its Brendon's back to school night, where he already makes a friend for the school year. Kindergarden AU, with major fluff.]

Brendon wobbled through the hallway, his confusing eyes looking around, door to door.
"Brendon, stay with us!" Brendon's mother laughed. "We don't want to lose you before school even starts!" It was back to school night, and tomorrow would've been Brendon's first day of kindergarten. Brendon's mom was eyeing the room numbers, and what it said on the paper in her hands. After awhile of searching, they found the classroom at the end of the hallway. Brendon ran in, but froze completely when he noticed other people in the room. Brendon's mother followed, and grabbed Brendon's hand.
"C'mon," she said, reassuringly, "don't be scared." Brendon relaxed with his mothers voice. It was just so calming, and Brendon loved that. His mom led him toward some familiar people. He knew his mommy hung out with the other woman, but he didn't recognize the little boy, holding on to dear life on his mothers leg. Brendon didn't pay attention to the two mothers talking, and instead kept staring at the boy. He had short brown hair, and was wearing a baggy sweatshirt. When he decided to start listening, he found something out. "So, how's little Ryan doing? He's grown so big!" He stared at Ryan, now knowing his name, who burrowed his face into his mothers leg. "Hey, Ryan, me and Mrs. Urie have to talk. Go play with Brendon!" Ryan's mom shook her leg to shoo Ryan off, which instead, made Ryan grip even harder.
"Tch. Ryan. Play with Brendon." Ryan's mom picked Ryan up, and put him in front of her. Before he could grab on again, his mother walked away, along with Brendon's mother. Ryan walked out the room, so he could get away from the crowd. Brendon followed. He wanted to befriend Ryan, so he didn't have to be scared anymore. Ryan walked into the restroom, with Brendon moments behind. When Bren walked in, he found Ryan sitting on the floor on the other end of the restroom. Ryan noticed Brendon come in, and looked back down at his feet. Brendon went and sat beside Ryan.
"Hi, Wyan." Brendon said quietly. Something was wrong. Ryan kept looking at his feet.
"Wyan, what's wong?" (Note; Brendon can't speak well enough, so that's why I'm spelling the words like that.)
"Shoo." Ryan thought that would work for Brendon, because it worked for him when his mom said it, but Brendon didn't budge.
"Are you scared?"
"Shoo."
"You can tell meeee!"
"Shoo!"
"Wyan, it's okay!"
"No it's not!" Ryan began to cry. "I don't know anyone! I'll be all alone!" Brendon paused for a minute. Usually when he was crying, his mommy kissed him on the cheek. Brendon leaned over and kissed Ryan's cheek, which was wet and salty from tears. Ryan looked over at Brendon, with a slight smile on his face. He wasn't crying anymore, which was good.
"You don't have to be scared. I can be your fwiend!" Ryan smiled.
"You will?!"
"Yeah!!"
"Oh, thank you, Bwendon!" They laughed and decided to get up. They walked down the classroom, talking about toys and cars. When they entered, their mommies were still talking. They decided to play in the class room until their mommies needed them. After that day, they remained friends and had a great kindergarten year. They also stayed friends for years afterwords. All thanks to Brendon's curiosity.

(HEY SO IM WRITING AGAIN *confetti flies around* as always I hope you enjoyed. It's a lil but shorter though, but that's ok. It's still cute as heckle. Well, goodbye!)