Having Children (Day 22)

[Ryan and Brendon have a child, which changes their lives, obviously. Fluff/Angst.]

Ryan and Brendon sat patiently in the waiting room. They were in the hospital, waiting for the arrival of their soon to be child. The smell of linoleum, and various medicine scents filled the noses of the couple, but they could care less. Brendon and Ryan just married about 5 months ago, and were excited by the thought of starting a family. Surprisingly, they had a close friend who was willing to help by having their baby, without any problem. They were lucky. Very lucky.

Brendon held Ryan's hand as they wait for the baby. There was a silence between them, but there didn't need to be words. Brendon had this big grin on his face, while Ryan's smile creeped across his face, growing by the minute. As confident as they seemed, they were scared. Scared to raise a child. Well, Brendon wasn't that afraid, but Ryan: absolutely.

"Ryan and Brendon Urie?" A nurse came around the corner. Brendon practically jumped up, with Ryan being dragged because their hands were still intertwined.

"Yes?" Brendon said. You could practically hear the grin on his face, he was so happy. The nurse smiled.

"Its a boy!" The nurse exlaimed. Brendon squeezed Ryan's hand. "Let me take you to see your son." As the nurse turned around, Brendon and Ryan followed, holding hands still. Brendon leaned over.

"Oh my god, Ry. We have a son." Brendon whispered, voice cracking from trying not to be loud. Ryan laughed sincerely, at a loss of words. This was happening so fast. Ryan wasn't complaining, and he's glad that this is happening, but still. They entered the room, seeing the baby first thing into Sarah's arms. Sarah was Brendon's friend, who was introduced to Ryan at their wedding. The fact that she offered to have their baby was so generous, and Brendon was grateful.

"Do you...?" Sarah said, extending the baby out. She was looking at Ryan, who was hesitant, but wordlessly happy. He took the baby, and sat down on a nearby chair. Ryan didn't even realize he was crying.

"What would you like to name him?" A standby nurse asked. Ryan looked at Brendon, who nodded. They talked about this before. They came to an agreement of the name, if it would be a boy or a girl.

"Evan. Evan Thomas Urie." Ryan spoke. Brendon sat next to him, rubbing his back with the palm of his hand. The nurse smiled, and wrote it down. Brendon looked over at Ryan, who was looking at the baby. Their baby.

"I'll show him." Ryan whispered.

"Hm?" Brendon replied. Ryan looked up at the ceiling.

"My dad. I'm gonna show him."

"Show him what?" Brendon asked, gently touching Ryan's arm.

"That I can raise a kid. That I'm not a good for nothing son." Ryan said, voice cracking from trying not to cry. They didn't even realize Sarah went to sleep.

"My dad," Ryan continued, "he always told me that because I was gay, I wasn't going anywhere in life. But he's the one who abused me. He's the one who was a terrible father." Ryan looked back down at Evan. "And I'm gonna show him. I'll be the best damn father I'll ever be. I'll prove him wrong."

"I'm here with you." Brendon said, kissing Ryan's cheek. "We're gonna raise a great kid."

[Time Skip: 13 Years]

Evan had the darkest brown eyes, with light brown hair. He had some freckles spread across his cheeks. Ryan and Brendon had been doing nothing but spoil him, which didn't change his patience or generosity. If there was truly a perfect human being, it was Evan, in Ryan and Brendon's eyes.
Evan was sitting in the back of the car, debating whether or not would be a good time. Surely, his parents couldn't hate him for the news he had. Surely.