Chapter 5: A Pawn in Their Sick Games

Thanks to those who continue to support. :)  

Chapter 5: A Pawn in Their Sick Games

Leila made it to the park and grinned. There were many kids running around and laughing. It brought some of the childhood memories back. The way she and Louis played hide and seek, the way he’d push her on the swing set, and the way they’d eat ice cream afterwards. One of the best memories was when she’d lay down next to Louis, just talking about anything that comes to her mind. They never hid secrets from each other, all of that is gone now though.

She passed by the playground and made her way to the field. It was quiet, too quiet. She walked by the benches and suddenly felt warm hands cover her eyes.

“Guess who?” His voice squeaked. Kyle was an eighth grader, so he was probably going through some changes.

“Kyle?” She smiled.

“Yeah, come on!” He pulled on her hands and led her out of the field. They stopped by a lake.

The sun shone against the water, making it sparkle beautifully. Next to Kyle, was a well spread out picnic blanket.

“Do you like it?” He whispered, marveling the beauty of the lake.

“Yes.” She smiled. He sat down and she did the same.

They sat there, just listening to the peaceful sounds of nature. Leila slowly faced Kyle. Her blue eyes met his deep sapphire orbs. Somehow, they reminded her of the daytime sky. However, there was something in there too, something she couldn’t quite catch. She shook her head and smiled.

“Want to take a walk?” He smiled at her.

“Sure.”  They started walking along the lake, hand in hand. Leila felt her cheeks getting a little bit hot. “So, why did you ask me?”

“What do you mean?” Kyle stopped walking and faced her.

“There’s prettier girls out there.” Leila whispered.

“But none of them is as pretty as you.” Kyle cupped her chin and slowly leaned in. Leila didn’t know what to do, so she went along with it. He closed his eyes and so did she.

She expected his lips to meet hers, but should’ve known better. Just before his lips touched hers, she felt the icy cold water hit her body. Leila opened her eyes in complete shock.

“You were right. There ARE other prettier girls out there.” Kyle laughed as more laughter erupted from a big bush.

“Did you really think that he’d like you?” Jessica, the most popular girl laughed.

“You are so stupid, Leila.” Mason stared at her and held his hand out for help. Leila slapped it away as she felt hot tears building up in her eyes.

“You are such a loser!” Kyle said in between his laughs. The laughter grew louder.

Leila ran as fast as her feet took her. She ran and ran, only to get tripped by her other foot.

“You okay?” A familiar voice asked. It was that locker guy. Jaden? Jace? Jason?

“Yeah.” She mumbled. She got up and wiped the dirt off her clothes.

“I didn’t think they would be that mean.” He muttered. Jason, Leila remembered his name.

“Me too.” She replied as more tears escaped her eyes.

“Come on, what some ice cream or something?” He looked at her; hope filled his almond brown eyes.

“Sure.” She sniffed. They walked towards the ice cream vendor. They both ordered vanilla ice cream.

“Here, take this.” Jason held out his jacket, looking at Leila shiver.

“T-t-thanks.” Her teeth chattered.

“Getting ice cream was such a bad idea.” He chuckled. Leila smiled.

“I’ve got to go now.” She excused herself and gave him the jacket back. He pushed it back to her.

“No, keep it.” He smiled widely. “Louis loves you, you know. I’ve seen the way he looks at you. It’s the same way I look at my little sister.” He whispered.

“I wish that was true.” Leila sighed.

“You never know. He can be going through something right now.” At that, his eyes turned sad.

“Do you know something I don’t know?” Leila asked, causing Jason to flinch.

“N-n-no. It’s not my business.” He turned around and muttered, “Bye.”

Leila rubbed her temples. All of these secrets gave her a headache. She walked back home, shivering and hoping that Louis doesn’t see her. She should’ve known better. She reached the house within a couple of minutes. No one was in the living room. She glided up the stairs.

“Hey…” Louis whispered. He stood there, blocking her path.

“You were right, okay? Are you happy now? I’m a loser and I will always be one.” Leila snapped, walking past him. She reached for her door and slammed it shut. She stripped and went to take a warm shower.

Tears fell from her eyes as the warm water hit her face. She thought about the events that happened that day and knew where she stood. She was just some freak to them. They get pleasure by seeing her suffer and by hearing her cry. The most pathetic thing about it was that she was just a pawn in their sick games.

-------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 5----------------------------------------

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN?