Chapter 37: Her Choice

Another upload but is kinda short because I typed this on my phone. May have lots of typos* I'll try making the next longer. :)

Chapter 37: Her Choice

Suddenly, the fresh scent of raspberries hit Leila hard. Tears streamed down her face as she continued to pound on the door. Finally giving up, she looked at her shoes and let her tears dry up. Warmth spread throughout her body as a pair of muscular arms circled around her. She let out a few more tears before looking up.

"Hey," he smiled at her sadly as he traced her cheek with his finger. "Why are you crying?"

"I..." she looked at the ground, feeling the embarrassment rise up her cheeks. What was she going to tell him?

"Come on in please," he smiled at her warmly, making all of her frustrations and embarrassment fade. She nodded and allowed him to guide her into his living room. "Do you want anything? Food? Juice?" Worry and love was written all over his eyes. Leila smiled mentally at the way his eyes sparkled.

She quickly shook her head and sat herself down. He let out a breath of relief and sat across her. Silence has truly never been that loud. Both of them looked at anything but each other. He laid his head on his hands, looking at the patterns of his living room carpet. Leila cleared her throat, causing his head to jerk up. "I can't believe it..."

"Can't believe what?" He tilted his head sideways in confusion.

"That you're giving up on me... On us," her voice broke as tears began to fill her eyes.

"I'm not giving up because I want to. Believe me when I say that please. I want you to love me again and to feel your touch. I want to have a family of our own and grow old together. When I die, I want your lovely face and beautiful smile to be the last thing I'd see. You don’t know how many things I want to do with you, Leila! I know that it's hopeless now. You hate me and I accept that. I would always love you no matter what. Your happiness is all that matters to me anyway. I know this will kill me but I'm going to let you go sweetheart," he stared at her with his deep blue ocean eyes. His voice softened at the last word. He hasn’t called her that or seen her face in months.

"Why are you giving up all of a sudden? I want the old Mason back. The one who would stop at nothing to gain my trust and earn my love. Where is that Mason? The one who was a fighter? Where did the boy I fell so deeply in love with go?" Leila walked and kneeled in front of him. Her lips were shut tightly as she stared at him. He opened his mouth, but no words came out of it. She continued to stare him down, challenging him to argue back.

"It doesn't matter anyways. You don't remember anything about us..." he looked away from her, feeling his heart break into pieces. Just when he was set on leaving for good, she waltzed back into his life. "I'm leav-"

Leila tapped her fingers impatiently. She needed to do something to make him stay. Gathering up enough courage, she laced her fingers in his hair and grabbed him forcefully. His words were muffled by her lips against his. The feel of his lips made her insides turn… In a good way. Tingles exploded all over her body. What was he doing to her?

Mason was frozen in his seat, shocked at what was happening! Her soft lips brought him back into reality. A few moments later, his eyes closed and he pulled her close to him. Without breaking the kiss, he pulled her onto his lap. Every inch of their bodies pressed together, fitting each other like a puzzle. His hands started to glide along her arms and rested on her back. He rubbed her back soothingly, causing more tingles and sparks to erupt at every single touch.

Pulling away, Leila's head began to spin. The feel of his lips still lingered on hers. Mason broke out a boyish grin as he stroke her smooth cheek with his lips. "If that's what you want then," he kissed a trail of pleasure and passion filled kisses from her cheek to her neck. "That’s what you’ll get. I've missed you so much darlin'. You don't know how much I love you," his faux southern accent caused a shiver to run down her spine. "My Leila, my life and my one and only love. You didn't think that I'd give up that easily, did you?"

"What?" Leila got out of his grip and stumbled backwards. "Bu-bu-but what about the divorce papers? I thought you-"

"You really haven't looked at them, huh? Did you really think it'd take me that long to sign my name?"

Leila looked at him in utter disbelief. She turned and head for the door. Mason bolted after her, grabbing her hand. "Where are you going?"

She shook her head and gave him a half smile. Grabbing her hand back, she walked towards her car and took her bag. She looked through the contents until her eyes landed on what she was looking for. Quickly, she opened the folder and looked at the documents.

‘I vowed, in front of everyone, that I’d love you till the day I stop breathing. You’re not getting rid of me that easily, darlin’. I am too in love with you just to give up like that,’ Leila read his beautiful handwriting in her head. She grinned widely and walked back to him.

Mason felt his heart drop to the floor. Was he going to lose her once and for all? Leila walked back with a huge grin on her face.

"You goof!" she exclaimed as she whacked him with a folder.

"Wha-" he asked but he just smiled as he noticed what the folder was. "I vowed to love you until death and that's something I would never turn my back on. I just wanted to get some time to think and for you to try figuring things out and getting some space..." she cut him off by pecking his lips.

“You talk too much.. That’s what I missed most about you,” she teased. He gave her a breathtaking smile and hugged her tightly.

“I do, don’t I? And do you know what I missed most about you?” Leila shook her head as he gave her an evil grin. “This,” he grabbed onto her tightly as he spun her around. Leila giggled uncontrollably.

A crash came booming through the house. Mason set Leila down. With her hands in his, he pushed her behind him and looked around the house cautiously.

"I'm sorry," another familiar voice spoke out. At the sound of that voice, Mason let out a sigh of relief.

“It’s okay. What happened?” Mason questioned to the person softly.

“I accidently broke the vase. I’ll clean it up,” the other woman looked at Leila nervously. Why would she be scared of her? Was she Mason’s….?

Leila took a closer look at her. Her copper red hair and blue eyes looked too familiar. Leila closed her eyes and thought about it real hard. Red hair…Blue eyes! Just then, a great big light bulb flashed on top of Leila’s head. Everything came crashing down on her once again. She clenched her fists, knowing who the owner of the voice was.

With a harsh glare towards Mason, Leila cleared her throat. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she motioned for her and Mason to sit. Leila paced back and forth, for a few minutes. Finally, she stopped and looked back at Mason.

"Mason, what is Abigail doing here?" she looked at both of them, her blue eyes burning with anger.

 --------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 37------------------------------------

She chose Mason! 

It's not the end but a sequel about Jason finding love.... Does that sound interesting? I had always been a team Jason.

Vote and do whatever.

<3