Chapter 36: Gone?

Chapter 36: Gone?

Leila tapped her fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. As soon as the green light went on, she pulled a sharp turn and sped off. With shaky hands, she pulled into a stop and stared at his empty driveway. Not believing what she was seeing, she got out of her car and walked towards his porch. Impatiently, she pressed his doorbell numerous times.

Everything was quiet…

He was gone!

“I can’t believe this!” she exclaimed before grabbing her phone. She dialed his number and patiently waited. After five rings, his voice mail came on. Dozens of phone calls later, he still wouldn’t pick up! Finally giving in, she got into her car and drove home.

A few minutes passed as she sat in her car, taking in what has happened. He left just like that! Slowly, she dragged herself out of her car and trudged towards her home. The fresh vanilla smell hit her nose, distracting her for a second or two. With each step towards her room, her heart gave out a little squeeze.

Finally making it into her room, she threw herself on the bed. She closed her eyes, letting a tear slide down. A warm finger gently wiped it away. Her eyes flew open as a gasp escaped her lips.

“Why are you crying little sis?” he asked with sadness in his voice.

“I…” She trailed as she shook her head from side to side. This is unreal! This can’t be happening.

“You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to. Just stop crying, please. I need to show you something,” his blue eyes mirrored hers.

With a slight nod, he grabbed her hand and helped her get on her feet. “Where are you taking me, Louis?”

“I just need to show you something. Just follow me, okay?”

“Okay then,” Leila walked towards the door and yanked it open. She descended down the stairs with Louis in tow.

“But mom!” a familiar voice whined. Leila’s eyes went wide and her mouth dropped open.

“Come on love, a couple of pictures won’t hurt you,” another familiar voice chuckled. Leila looked at both of them. How could this be?

“Since your memories weren’t coming back, I thought it’d be nice to help you a little,” Louis shrugged as Leila continued to stare at the sight in front of her.

Mason looked a bit younger with his hair tousled in a perfect mess. He looked breathtaking in his black tuxedo, matching it with a red tie. A younger version of her held on to his waist as they both posed for some pictures. Her long, off the shoulder red dress hugged her body beautifully. Her blond hair was pinned to the side. Slowly, Mason turned to her and kissed her lightly.

“You two are just too cute,” her mother cooed as she took more pictures of them.

“Okay mom! I think that’s enough,” the other Leila glared at her playfully.

“You kids have fun! Oh and be safe!” her mother winked at the last word. The other Leila blushed along with the real one.

“Still gets to you, huh?” Louis nudged her lightly as he laughed.

“Whatever!” Leila rolled her eyes as she followed her eighteen year old self. She reached for the doorknob as she felt her eyes go wide again.

Music blared through her ears as she entered the huge gymnasium. Balloons and streamers were everywhere. The big sign which hung above the stage confirmed her suspicions.

“I’m pretty handy with all the scene changing, eh?” Louis mused as he pulled on her hand and led her into the dance floor.

“What are you doing?” Leila looked around, trying to see if anyone noticed them. Of course not! This was all a dream or maybe just a figment of her imagination.

“Don’t worry they won’t notice. I’ve always wanted to do this,” he pulled her close to him and placed his hands around her waist. “I’ve always wanted to see you go to prom and have you dance with me… Just for one song, like one of those good big brothers in the movies,” he whispered to her softly. Leila placed her arms around his neck and started to sway to the beat of the music. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” Leila looked around, as her breath got caught in her throat.

“Here,” Louis twirled her in his arms, causing her to almost stumble towards her eighteen year old self.

“I’m so glad I got you to forgive me again Leila. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love you so much,” Mason held Leila against him, enjoying the feel of her body against his.

“You know I’d always forgive you… I am in love with you Mason. I’m afraid that I’m in too deep and I-I don’t know what I’d do without you too,” she whispered lightly, fear rose in her voice.

“I’d do anything to make you happy. I love you too much,” Mason grinned widely as he leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. “No matter how many times I’d have to do it, I will get you to love me again… And again…And again,” he gave her a peck on the lips after every word. Leila giggled, feeling the blush creep onto her cheeks.

The song ended, causing Louis to stumble back and stare at the clock. His eyes went wide as he frantically shook Leila. Leila tore her gaze away from Mason and back to Louis.

“I have to go now sis. You need to go after him! You made the wrong choice and now you have another chance to choose the right one. Go after him!” he shook her a little too hard.

Leila gasped as sweat covered her forehead. Was it all just a dream? Louis told her about choosing the wrong one…Following his advice, she shot up from her bed.

Quickly, she fixed herself and rushed down the stairs. Everything seemed like a repeat of what she had done hours before. She sighed deeply, hoping that this time, she made the right choice.

She knew she had been too late, but she had to risk it. She knew that it would’ve been hopeless to chase after him, but she did it. In the end, she was alone again. He really did leave her.

That dream… The way her heart skipped a beat when she saw Mason in his tux… The way his eyes shone as she looked at her. Was that even her? In her dream, she looked absolutely happy with him. She seemed so carefree and her eyes sparkled in love. She has only looked that happy when she was with Louis.

With a full force, she stepped on the gas and sped to his house. She hoped that this time, she wouldn’t be too late again. The sun began to set as she anxiously drove to his home. Not wasting any more of her time, she pulled into his driveway and hurriedly rushed out of her car. Taking a deep breath, she headed for the door.

Raising both of her hands up, she pounded on the door nervously. Was she too late again? What if he already left? Again, she knocked on the door. Fear and hopelessness crept up her spine. She could feel it… She was on the brink of bawling her eyes out. She clenched her fists and thumped the door a bit harder. The tears started to fall uncontrollably. It was all her fault! With one last kick, she looked down and cried her eyes out.

Suddenly…

---------------------------END OF CHAPTER 36---------------------

VOTE, COMMENT AND BLAH.

Next chapter will state who she chooses. :)

Feedbacks?