Chapter 23: All Happened So Fast

Leila and Louis reached the front doors of the school. Louis pushed the door open and was met by a happy Mary Joy.

“Good morning you two,” she smiled brightly.

“Hey you. Someone’s in a good mood today,” Leila elbowed her playfully.

“That someone just got asked out by a black haired, brown eyed beauty!” She announced, jumping up and down.

“Jason asked you out!?” Leila whispered happily.

“Yup,” she zoned out. Leila waved her hands in front of a frozen Mary Joy.

“Girls,” Louis mumbled, walking towards Abigail.

Leila shook her head and pulled her best friend into a less crowded place. She let her go and demanded, “ Okay. Tell me everything.”

“Well, you were out for two days so he was kind enough to accompany me. We talked about random things and had a few laughs. Then he told me he liked me and asked me out. I said yes,” Mary Joy babbled on.

“I’m so happy for you!” Leila exclaimed.

“I know,” Mary Joy winked as she pulled Leila into their Math class.

Leila didn’t pay attention to any of her classes. She couldn’t help but think about Mason. Did he really love her like Louis said? Louis would never lie to her, she knew that for sure. Leila was pulled out of her thoughts by the bell.

She headed for her locker, passing by the popular crowd. Mason looked at her with a longing expression. She sighed and continued trudging towards her locker. She looked back to see Louis smiling at her. She saw him mouth the words, “Give him a chance.” She shook her head and pulled out her Biology book.  

Leila looked back to see Mason looking at her again. His face just broke her heart over and over again. He looked so depressed and so helpless. Without another thought, she knew she made her decision. She was going to give him another chance. She hoped that he wouldn’t ruin it like he did the last time. Otherwise, she wouldn’t know what to do.

She slowly entered her Biology class. She was a bit late, but she knew she wasn’t the only one. Louis and Mason weren’t there yet. She made her way towards the table.

As she was about to plant her bum onto her chair, she felt a sharp pain on her hips instead. “No!” Louis screamed.  It took her a few more seconds to register what was happening. Her eyes went wide as a small shriek escaped her lips.

She looked back at him, finding it hard to analyze the situation he was in. He quickly took her seat and mouthed to her the three words, which pulled her out of her trance. ‘I love you.’

Within a flash, the chair collapsed. Louis flew forward, making a huge thump as his head hit the edge of the table. The class suddenly fell silent. Silence has never been that loud.

Blood poured out of his head profusely. His body shook convulsively and stopped a few seconds later. She crawled her way over to him, with tears pouring down her cheeks. She shook him, trying to wake him up but failed.

She glared at everyone who was just staring at her. Did they not see what just happened?

“Help!” She screamed aloud. The teacher pulled out his phone and called for an ambulance. Leila pulled her brother to her chest and rocked back and forth. From that moment on, nothing in the world mattered. Nothing but her brother’s life.

She sobbed harder as she felt two strong arms pull her away from her unconscious brother. “Please save him. Please,” she begged.

“We’ll try our best,” the man replied carrying her brother and placing him in the back of the ambulance.

Leila looked back at the classroom, her eyes landing on a pair of guilty ones. She was going to figure this all out later on. She walked out with the paramedics, begging to come with her brother. With a nod, she crawled into the back with him. She took his hand and kissed it softly.

“It all happened so fast… I… I… I need you Louis. Please stay with me,” she begged as the tears made their way down her cheeks once again.

--------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 22-------------------------------------

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN?

Next chapter will be a WHOLE LOT LONGER. (;