Chapter 12: A Secret Deal

:)

Chapter 12: A Secret Deal

Months flew by very fast. Leila and Mason have both gotten to know each other more. Her parents and Louis supported them. Leila and Louis had small talks, but that was better than them ignoring each other.

Leila somehow reconnected with her ex best friend, Abigail. At that time, Abigail was Louis’s girl friend. It took Leila a very long time to believe it. Louis and Abigail were never affectionate. Their laughter seemed too strained and their smiles looked forced. Leila just shrugged all of those thoughts away; it was her brother’s life.

At the same time, Leila wondered why Mason hasn’t asked her to be his girl friend. They were together almost all the time. They held hands, gave each other hugs, and even shared some kisses… on the cheeks that is. She never asked Mason about it, because she didn’t want to sound desperate. Being friends with him is enough.

Leila looked over her calendar and counted the remaining school days. Two weeks. Two weeks till they graduate from school and one week till the Spring Ball. The whole school was buzzing about the biggest event of the year. They talked about dresses, dates, and who will be part of the royal court. Leila pretended that she didn’t care. However, she knew that she envied all of them. She wanted someone to go dress shopping with and someone who’d ask her to the Spring Ball. It was as if everyone had their own dates but her!

Leila got ready for the park. Mason asked her to meet him by the same tree they’d been going to over the past few months. She walked out of the door and headed for the park.

“Leila! Wait up!” Louis called, making her stop in her tracks.

“Yeah?” She turned on her heels and faced him.

“I’ll come with you. Abigail is waiting for me there too.” Leila nodded and continued to walk. The walk to the park was silent but still relaxing.

They stopped in front of the tree. Leila looked around and found no one there. She looked down and saw beautifully colored rocks. She picked up the rocks one by one. It led her towards the lake. It led her to the same lake… The lake that Kyle took her to.

On the ground lay a big picnic blanket. The message on the blanket made her gasp.

‘Be my girl friend and date to the Spring Ball?’  Was boldly printed on the blanket.

“So… will you?” Mason came up behind her and pulled her into a hug.

“I… Uh…Demanding now, are we?” Leila chuckled.

“No…The whole question is will you be my girl friend and date to the Spring Ball,” he lifted one of his eyebrows, “Haven’t you seen the letters I taped under those rocks?”

Leila shook her head and flipped the rocks one by one. The seven colorful rocks spelled out the words, “Will you.”

“Leila, will you be my girl friend and date to the Spring Ball?” He looked at her expectantly. His eyes held nothing but worry and hope.

“Yes!” She exclaimed as she threw her hands around his neck.

Mason let out a huge cheer and danced like a goof. Leila laughed at how awkward he looked. Louis and Abigail came out of the bushes and laughed along with her.

“I take it that she said yes?” Abigail recovered.

“YES!” Mason screamed out and gave Leila a bear hug.

“Don’t…Kill… Me… Now,” Leila said in between her breaths.

“Sorry, I was just excited.” Mason grinned at her.

“Me too,” She returned the grin.

They spent the rest of the day just hanging out in the park. Louis and Abigail stayed under the tree, talking about random things. Leila sat on the swing set as Mason pushed her.

The sun soon went down and they all went their separate ways. Leila couldn’t wipe the smile off her face. She slept with a huge grin on her face.

Leila awoke with a lot of energy. She showered and got dressed quickly. Surprisingly, her father was still eating his breakfast.

“Wow, someone’s a bit excited for school,” her mother winked as her father laughed.

“Good morning to you too, mom and dad,” Leila sat on her chair and started munching on her cereal.

Louis came down five minutes later. He took a plate of bacon and eggs. Their father looked at his watch and decided to head to work.

“You ready for school?” Their mother asked Louis. He hasn’t attended school the week before.

“Yes, mom. I missed too many days already.” He took another bite of the bacon.

“LOUIS!” Leila screamed as she saw the blood drip from his nose.

Her mother grabbed a paper towel and wiped the blood off.

“You are not going to school like that, mister. Leila, get ready while I fix your brother up.” Her mom instructed. Leila was used to this. Louis would have frequent nose bleeds, making him miss most of the school days.

Her mother appeared through the door with a worried expression. “Let’s go.”

The drive was quiet. Tension filled the air. Her mother bit her lip as a sign of her anxiousness.

“Have fun, sweetie. Be safe!” Her mom called out as she approached the entrance.

“Remember the deal.” Jim, one of the popular kids told Mason.

“Yeah, yeah.” Mason quickly shooed him away as Leila walked towards him.

“What was that about?” Leila hasn’t seen Mason and Jim together since he broke away from the popular crowd.

“Nothing.” He said too quickly. Leila nodded, but she knew that he was hiding something from her.

A secret about some deal. Leila was determined to figure out what that secret was.

----------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 12-----------------------------

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN?

<3