Chapter 1: Its not possible

"Valkyrie, your not coming with me!" Skulduggery sighed aspirated. He and Val had been arguing over the past half hour, Skulduggery was currently on a case and it was, in his opinion way too dangerous for a pregnant woman and he was even more cautious because Valkyrie was carrying his baby girl! They had been married for five years and the baby was due any day now, "Yes Skul, I am! End of! Now lets roll!" before Skulduggery could object Valkyrie had already climbed into the passenger seat of the Bentley and he simply had to except the fact that he was never going to win the argument so he walked around the other side of the car, muttering angrily to himself and climbed in "Val, please? I don't want you or the baby to get hurt! Possibly killed!" Valkyrie could clearly identify the pure pleading in Skulduggery's velvet voice "Hey, this is me were taking about! You don't need to worry about anything sweetheart." she said lovingly and Skulduggery dipped his skull "I...I just don't want to lose my second chance of a family. Or the person I have ever loved since my first wife and child. I...I don't know what I would do if I lost you. Your my world Valkyrie." his voice was agonised as he spoke and Valkyrie could clearly see the pain in his hollow eye sockets "Ok, ill stay here." she said eventually giving up "Thank you." he whispered and he lent over and pressed his cold teeth against her soft lips as she was incapable of moving due to her bump "See you in a bit love! Good luck." she said softly as she climbed out the car and made her way back into Gordons estate.

Valkyrie sat watching 'Once upon a time' on the couch drooling over Captain Hook when there was a knock at the door, with a grumble she got up and walked awkwardly over to answer it "Hel-" but before she could even finish her sentence a gun was being pointed at her bump by a evil looking man "Come with us, or this baby wont live to see its mother for the first time." he snarled and Valkyrie didn't dare say anything funny because she could tell he wasn't bluffing so she followed him to a van and as she was about to climb in, the world faded to black.

Skulduggery had his gun out in front of him as he walked into the building. He surveyed the darkness around him and clicked his fingers generating a flame in his hand "I know your there! You night as well come out and save yourself the bullet in your head!" he shouted and his sexy voice echoed through the room and when he got no reply her lowered his gun "Damn, I thought that would work." he muttered to himself as he made his was further into the dark room when he heard the shuffling of feet behind him, so he whirled around and put his gun out in front of him once again "Here criminal, criminallll." he sung with a high voice and he felt the air shift around him "I know your there! Come out nowww." he was seriously starting to get an horror movie feeling now and he was getting bored "You know what? If you come out now, ill only shoot you once!" he yelled into the darkness as it once again echoed "You wont shoot me. You don't have it in you." a voice cooed and Skulduggery could have sworn he had heard that voice before "I feel like I know you and I probably do but at the moment I cannot remember so will you just tell me?" he asked and there was a chuckle "Oh you know who I am...Christopher." Skulduggery faltered, how the hell did this person know his given name "Who are you?" his voice was wary now "You know who I am!"

"Yes I obviously do, but I'm having trouble remembering!"

"The great Skulduggery Pleasant forgot something!" the voice mocked "Its my day of." Skulduggery shrugged and there was a dark chuckle "I cant believe you forgot your own brother!" the man stepped out of the shadows and looked at Skulduggery with an grin "Hello there Christopher!" Skulduggery dropped his gun and it hit the floor with a bang "This...this is impossible. I saw you die!" he yelled "Yes you saw me die. But it wasn't exactly me now was it?" Skulduggery shook his head "This cant be happening!"

"Oh, but Christopher it is." the ma smirked and just as Skulduggery was about to hurl a fireball the man said "i wouldn't do that! Well unless you want your precious wife and inborn child to die." the room suddenly lit up and Skulduggery saw Valkyrie tied up in a chair with a gag in her mouth and he started to shake with rage "Let. Her. Go." his voice was dark and strong and the man knew that his brother would kill him to get his wife to safety "Hmmm! Tell you what, ill let her go if you tell her your big secret!" Skulduggery faltered "B...but-"

"Ah, Ah! Tell her or I will. Or wold you rather have her die?" When Skulduggery didn't reply the man grinned and walked over to Valkyrie "Story time." he smiled.