Chapter 12: Skeletons

"Honey?"

"Yeah!"

"Are you done packing? Were leaving in five minutes!"

"Yeah! I'm coming now!" Valkyrie trudged down the stairs with a suitcase beside her. They were traveling to England to try and find Emma "Skul, what if we are getting our hopes up for nothing? What If it isn't her?" Skulduggery sighed and pulled Valkyrie into a tight embrace "Its ok angel, we will find her. I promise you, I will not stop until I find our daughter!" he said sternly and Valkyrie looked at him and smiled "Ok, I believe you. Lets go!" she pulled his skull down to her head and kissed his teeth gently before walking out the door.

Alvie was sat at the table eating her tea staring at Charlie from across her as if she wasn't sure of something. Alvie had an eidetic memory which meant she could recall anything that had ever happened to her, but strangely she couldn't remember her first minutes of her life. The first memory was looking up into Charlie's eyes as he smiled down at her and a skeleton in front of them yelling something but she couldn't remember that because the sound soon faded as she noticed she was somewhere else. She didn't understand this and every time she asked about it Charlie ignored her and started a new conversation like he was avoiding it. The one thing that kept replaying in her head as she ate was the skeleton. He was dressed in a black suit and looked as if he was trying to take Alvie away but she didn't really think anything of it, since there aren't any living skeletons in the world.

Skulduggery, Valkyrie, Ghastly and Tanith all clung onto Fletcher as they teleported to a hotel In east England "Ah! Its good to be home!" Tanith breathed and Ghastly chuckled as he lead her outside to their room "Thanks Fletch!" Valkyrie thanked and Fletcher smiled goofily "No problem! Good luck!" he said and with that he popped away and he was gone "I hope we find her." she sighed "Valkyrie, we will!" Skulduggery came forward and hugged her tightly "We will go tomorrow and search the farm house and find her. And if we don't, well we will keep searching."

"Ok."

"Now come on! Lets go to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow. And just think it this time tomorrow you could be holding Emma in your arms."

"I hope so." They both climbed into bed and Valkyrie curled into Skulduggery as he wrapped protective arms around her as sleep claimed them both.

Alvie lay awake in her dark room just thinking about Charlie. She had always had doubts that he was her farther, their hair was different as well as their eyes, their wolf fur colour, their skin colour. They didn't look anything like each other! But most of all...they didn't have the same memories. Alvie always imagined stories and tales about a skeleton detective called Skulduggery Pleasant and his partner Valkyrie Cain who got married and had  baby called Emma. She didn't know where this all came from but she felt like she could relate to Emma a lot, their fur colour was the same, their eyes, their hair...their memories...Alvie gasped! It couldn't be! There was no way! She was sure of it! Or was she?

Had she done her English homework?