Chapter 32: Comfort

Abraox sprinted through trees and bushes trying to protect the sobbing girl who was cuddled to his muscular chest. He felt sympathy for the girl, she had just watched her farther be mauled by a pack of wolves after all. The wolves were everywhere. Abraox had to hit them in mid air as they pounced to try and get to the girl but non of them had succeeded so far. He needed to protect Emma with his life in order for her to get out of this mess safely.

After running for a while he eventually found a place where they could both hide and he placed Emma down on the ground as she curled into herself and cried even more "Zola?" he tried but the girl didn't look up "Zola? Look at me." she wasn't responding "Emma." there was a movement in her head and she looked up slightly to meet his red and black eyes "You called me Emma." she whispered and wiped a few stray tears away from her face "It seemed to be the only way to get you to listen to me." she smiled slightly and sat up "I just want me dad." she said and rested her chin on her knees "I know you do. But he's gone.""He isn't gone. I can sense he isn't gone." Abraox sighed but decided to go with it since he didn't want to cause he more pain "Well, if you say he isn't gone then I believe he isn't.""Really?""Really." he smiled at her for a second but he frowned when he heard a rustling in the bushes "Emma...don't move." she nodded in response and Abraox stood up and surveyed his surrounding. His gaze locked on a bush which the noise was coming from and got in a fighting stance. The rustling stopped for a second and the a wolf pounced so fast that he didn't even know it was happening until it was clamped on his arm. He swung it round and hit it against the nearest tree and if fell o his arm. Abraox stormed up to the wolf and was about to hit it when it turned back to its human form and Abraox stopped "Jesus Christ, Heath!" he sighed and Heath stood up from the floor "Sorry mate. I didn't know it was you!""Its ok." he looked at his bloody arm and shrugged "Just another scar." he said and looked back at Emma who was crying again "I need to go and see if Skulduggery is alive. She's broken.""Ill look after her while you are gone." Heath said and Abraox patted his shoulder and sprinted through the woods.Heath walked up to the girl and sat down next to her "Hey." he smiled and Emma looked up "Hey.""How are you?"
"Not to good? Yourself?""I'm very happy!""Why's that?"

"Because I have you right where I want you." he grinned and he tapped a symbol on his collar bone and where 'Heath' once sat...Charlie was sat in his place "Hello, Emma."