Chapter 31: I love you daddy

"Emma!" Skulduggery whispered and shook Emma's shoulder "Emma!" she groaned and opened her eyes to be greeted by her farther's worried face "Emma, you need to go."

"What? Why?"

"Its not safe here! You need to go."

"No! I'm not going to leave you." she sat up right and Skulduggery sighed "I know you don't but you have to."

"But why?"

"There are people who want you! You need to go!"

"I'm safer here with you! I cant just leave."

"But you have to."

"No!" she jumped into Skulduggery's arms and he hugged her back "I'll come back for you when all of this is over. Ill come back to you."

"I don't want to leave!" she sobbed and his grip tightened "I know you don't and neither do I. But you need to go." she looked up into his emerald eyes "Promise me you'll come back?"

"I promise." he smiled warmly at her and tears flowed down her face "Ok...I'll go." he stroked her cheek "That's my beautiful girl." he whispered and she hugged him again. The moment was destroyed when Abraox ran to them "There here!" Skulduggery looked up and Abraox looked at Emma "You need to get her away." Emma looked up "Its dangerous! She wont live."

"if I wont live, then how will you survive? You don't know how to control your wolf, dad! You don't stand a chance against whoever it is your fighting."

"Emma, its me or you and I'm not letting them get to you! You need to go with Abraox!" a snarling pack of wolves rounded a corner and there eyes locked on the three "You need to go!" Abraox's muscular arms wrapped around Emma and she was pulled away from Skulduggery "No!" she was kicking and screaming but Abraox was too strong "NO! I WONT LEAVE YOU! DAD!" she screamed and tried to break free of his iron grip but Skulduggery just smiled sadly "I love you, Emma!"

"I love you, daddy!" she yelled and Skulduggery turned to the pack of wolves and they pounced on him "DADDY!" Abraox tried to soothe her but she just watched as the wolves mauled Skulduggery "NO!" she buried her head into Abraox's chest as he sprinted away from the fight.