Chapter 17: History of a wolf

Emma awoke to the sunlight pouring in through her windows. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and slowly sat up in her bed. She hardly got any sleep that night because of her parents and because of the events she was mentally scarred but she decided it would be fun to blackmail them so she wasn't too mad. She climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom where she had a shower and brushed her teeth. She got dressed into some black leggings and a black tank top, put her hair up in a simple pony tail and walked out her room.

She was outside waiting for Skulduggery and Valkyrie, but she suspected they wouldn't be up for a while so she went for a walk around the park. The sun was beaming and the singing birds flew over her head as she past a big oak tree. The grass was dry underneath her so she sat down and started to pick at it while thinking about the events from the previous day. Her so called farther had tried to kill her, she found her parents and had been mentally scarred. She didn't know why Charlie wanted to be a wolf again, sure it was pretty cool and fun but there was no real reason for being one...unless there was. Emma grinned, she had an idea so she jumped up and sprinted back to the hotel to find Ghastly and Tanith. 

Emma knocked on the door and a few minutes later Tanith answered and smiled warmly at her "Hey kiddo! What do you need?" she asked "I need to talk with uncle Ghastly."

"Sure! Come in!" Tanith moved out the way and Emma practically ran in to see Ghastly sewing a piece of clothing "Hello Emma! Can I help you?"

"Yes! Yes you can!"

"Ok, come and sit." he patted the seat next to him and Emma walked over and sat down next to him "What do you need?"

"Well I need some information on dad and what he was like as a wolf and if there was anything that Charlie could possibly want." Ghastly nodded "Well, your dad was in a pack. His pack taught him how to control his wolf and after a while he finally got the hand of it and while he was learning he met a girl. Her name was Ivy Destiny. They started to talk a lot and in 1630, when Skulduggery was twenty years old they got married, and they had a beautiful baby girl called Bella who Skulduggery adored. She was only five when she died but she had the intelligence of her farther and the looks of her mother with raven black hair and brown eyes, she was an adorable kid and both Ivy and Skulduggery made sure they spent every free second of the day together. As a family. Now because Ivy and Skulduggery were married and had a child then that meant they then became the core of the pack and they lead all of their brothers and sisters into battles and every single time they won. The pack loved them both dearly and when Ivy and Bella died Skulduggery was the only one that could lead the pack ad because of his experience he became the Alpha which meant he made all the decisions. The pack carried on like this for years until Skulduggery thought it was time to move on, so that is what he did. He left the pack and because he didn't choose a new Alpha the pack was left without a leader. Skulduggery is still the leader of that pack and the only one who can take charge is a wolf with the same blood as him." Ghastly finished and Emma fitted all the pieces together in her head "Charlie doesn't just want to be a wolf...he wants to be the leader of the pack."