Chapter 22: Finding out

Skulduggery sat with tears silently slowing down his face and his body shaking as if he had been sat in a freezer for a night while Ghastly tried to sooth him "Skul, it isn't your fault." he didn't listen, every word that entered his ear never reached his head they just passed through "I...I...I..." he stuttered. He was to traumatized by what he just saw...his wife ripped to shreds on the floor, all because of him. He didn't know what to think...or do...so he cried.

"Hello?" Emma yelled through the darkened room "Hellooooo! Is anyone there?" her voice echoed and she still got no reply "Can somebody please answer me?" there was no use, she wasn't getting an answer any time soon "This is stupid." she muttered and slouched in her seat but suddenly had an idea "Idiots didn't put shackles on me!" she waited for a second and that's when she heard a curse from the corner of the room "If you want something done, you have to do it yourself." Charlie whispered and came out from the darkness "Honestly, you fell for that?" Emma smirked and he paused "So you do have shackles on?" he asked confused and she shook her head "No, I don't! But you still fell for it."

"Shut up." he muttered and Emma stood up from her seat and looked at him "So, I know why you want me, and I know why you want to be a child of the moon but the thing is...why do you want the pack?" she asked and Charlie took a step forward "Do you understand the true power of being the leader of a child of the moon pack?" he asked and Emma shook her head slowly "It means being leader of the most dangerous of packs."

"I understand that, but why do you want to be a leader?"

"Revenge."

"Revenge on what?"

"Christopher...he killed the things I loved most, so I'm going to take away the things he loves most." his face had a smirk plastered on it "You will not hurt anybody, Charlie." she growled and he laughed "I didn't even need to hurt his precious wife...he did that for me."

"W...what do you mean?"

"Your mother is dead...because of your farther." Emma's face turned pale "No." she whispered and before she could do anything else, a knife was already against her throat "And you are going to die next." Charlie snarled but Emma didn't listen, she just let her wolf take over, and where she once stood the wolf was...it didn't know where to go...and it didn't know where it was...so it ran.