Chapter 35: Sacrifices

Emma pulled away from Skulduggery and rushed over to the dead man on the floor "Abraox!" she yelled and shook him, trying to wake him up but it wasn't working "DAD! Abraox isn't waking up!" Skulduggery put his head down to the muscular mans chest "Emma..."
"No! he isn't dead!"
"Emma, he sacrificed himself for you." Emma looked up with teary eyes "What?"
You were dying so he gave you his blood." She looked down at Abraox and cried "Why didn't he let me die?"
"He was a very good man. He would sacrifice himself for anyone who didn't deserve to die.
"But he didn't deserve to die!" Skulduggery pulled Emma to him and hugged her "I know he didn't."
"Cant we save him?" Skulduggery shook his head "Not without someone dying. I'm sorry Emma." she cried into his chest "He was a good man." Skulduggery said and bowed his head. All of a sudden the door was slammed open and a figure walked through the door. Skulduggery and Emma looked closer to try and see who it was but they were covered in robes "Who are you?" Skulduggery asked and the man chuckled "Someone you know." Skulduggery knew that voice...but it couldn't be him "What are you here for?"
"To finish what the dead man started." he motioned to Charlie who was laying dead on the floor "Now, lets get this started, shall we?"
"Don't you dare hurt my daughter." Skulduggery snarled and held Emma closer to him "Oh, Skulduggery! How brave, trying to save your daughter. It doesn't matter, your both going to die anyway!"
"Kill me. Don't lay a finger on her." the man chuckled and looked at them both "I don't need to." suddenly the two were thrown back against the wall and the man laughed "I forgot about how much fun that is!" Skulduggery checked Emma over, she was fine "So your an elemental?"
"I am."
"Well so am I." Skulduggery snarled and two streams of flames shot towards the man but he held them back, easily by manipulating the air to make a wall around himself "How...how are you doing that?" Skulduggery asked and then it dawned on him "Only one person I know can make a force field around themselves like that."
"And who would that be?"

"...Ghastly Bespoke."