Chapter 12: Running

Valkyrie's eye lids fluttered open and she smiled as she nuzzled further into Skulduggery's rib cage, which was surprisingly comfy, and breathed in "That tickles." he muttered and Valkyrie giggled "Its why I did it."

"We better get up."

"Yeah, come on then!" Valkyrie wiggled out of Skulduggery's embrace and walked into the bathroom, took a quick shower and got dressed. When she walked out Skulduggery was adjusting his tie "Are you ready?" she asked

"Val, I know you want to find Emma, and so do I. But you don't need to rush around."

"I know...I just want to see her, to know she is ok." Skulduggery came forward and placed a skeletal kiss on her cheek "As do I, but we must be patient."

"Ok."

"Now come on, Ghastly and Tanith are waiting for us outside." he held her hand and they both walked out the hotel door.

Alvie awoke with the light flooding through the slightly parted curtains in her room "Another Monday, another fun-day!" she said sarcastically and got out of bed, slipped on her slippers and walked down stairs to get breakfast, but something stopped her. She heard Charlie talking quietly on the phone "She is thirteen now, we can kill her at any time...yes I know its risky, but we must make her believe we do love her...then its settled, today is her death day. Alvie Ivaylo will die today." Alvie back away from the door, shaking her head in dis belief. This couldn't be happening! Why did they want her dead? They mentioned something about being 13, which must mean that Charlie had been waiting until she became a teenager to kill her. Alvie remembered reading about a ritual where an ordinary man would need blood from a Child of the moon become one...Charlie lost his ability to become a wolf the night his family died...they want to kill her to become a Child of the moon again. Alvie started to hyperventilate, she didn't know what to do, so in her track pants, tank top and slippers...she ran.

She had been running for a while now and her legs were getting tired so she let her wolf out! It ran faster and dodged any obstacles in its way as the wind blew its black fur back. Her legs worked fast running at a speed which was bound to beat a super car in any race. Her eyes locked on a speeding car which was going 60 miles an hour up the motorway and chased after it, as if it were food. She gave a good chase moving along-side the car "We will find her." somebody said from inside the car "I'm just so worried about Emma." Emma? Alvie listened to the conversation going on "You two need to stop worrying! She Is Emma-Rose Pleasant for gods sake! She will find us!" Emma Pleasant!? There was no way this was real! Alvie had had dreams about her, but it couldn't be! She had to know more! She needed to stop the car! She thought for a while before running under the car to the other side and looked up at an open window 'Now or never!' she thought and bent her legs and jumped up into the car window and he howled as if to say "I did it!" but when she looked around she saw two terrified people sat in the back and the two in the front were staring in shock and the man with the waxy face pulled out a gun and pointed it at Alvies snout and his other hand was protectively holding the black haired woman in front of him, and Alvie whimpered and back of into the corner "Her eyes." The woman said and the waxy faced man looked deeply into Alvies eyes and his grew wide "Emma?" he breathed and Alvie was confused so she let the wolf fade away so she way left staring into the eyes of Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Pleasant "Hello." she whispered.