Chapter 15: Searching

They drove back to Emma's house and when they got there they all piled out the car but Skulduggery held Emma to her protectively as they entered. The wooden door creaked open and Valkyrie got chills just stepping one foot in "I don't like it here." she whispered "Ive lived here for thirteen years, I'm used to it." Emma said back and walked further into the eerie room "Charlie!" she shouted and when she didn't get a reply she proceeded to search in all the rooms and when she came across his bedroom it was already half open, so she cautiously stepped in "Hello?" she called and just as she was about to walk out something touched her shoulder and she screamed "SHHHH!" Amelia whispered and clamped a hand over Emmas mouth "Its only me!" she immediately calmed down "What are you doing here?"

"I heard you and the two strange people talking about him!"

"Do you know where he is?"

"I saw him leave, I don't know where he went."

"I can pick up his scent!"

"Yeah! I can help!"

"Lets do it!" they walked back around to where Skulduggery and Valkyrie were "He isn't here but me and Amelia will be able to pick up his scent." Skulduggery nodded and Emma focused and her transformation took place ad soon after they were both wolves. They prowled out the house and they immediately picked it up so they both walked side by side until they came across a house. They both turned back and looked at the house "Well...I think this is it."

"I think it is."

"...You go first."

"What! Why me?"

"Hes your dad!"

"he wants to kill me!"

"Yeah well that's hardly my fault."

"You are going first!"

"No you are!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Girls!" Skulduggery shouted and they both turned around sheepishly "Sorry dad." Emma said and Skulduggery smiled "That's so nice to hear." Emma smiled "Um, sorry to interrupt you farther, daughter moment but we need to go in." Amelia said and they all nodded "Lets go." Emma walked in first and she was met by a staircase leading upwards "Ill go first."

"No! I'm going first, if he is here I'm not going to loose you again Emma." Skulduggery said firmly and his tone made Emma nod and he moved past her and went up the stairs as she stayed at the bottom. Just as she was about to follow something cold was pressed against her neck "Don't say a word." a voice snarled and she couldn't do anything but stare at where Skulduggery once was, begging for him to appear again.